Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lennox not throwing in a few chips?

Options
  • 30-08-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭

Went to Lennox (Barrack St) last night for the first time in a while. I ordered a chicken burger, and the token few chips that are usually thrown in weren't. Didn't really feel comfortable asking about it at the till, but just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Although they were always free I couldn't help feeling a bit robbed at the same time. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A lot of places don't anymore.

Dinos in Turners Cross even have a sign saying not to ask as refusal may cause offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

gimmick wrote: »
    A lot of places don't anymore.

Dinos in Turners Cross even have a sign saying not to ask as refusal may cause offense.

I know....but this is LENNOX. Surely this will appear in De paper and there'll be marches up and down Barrack St. This, IMO, is far more critical than all the attention the SuperQuinn suasages got a few weeks ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Was up there a few weeks back and two kids had ordered 1 portion of nuggets and a sausage, they were given about half a scoop of chips on the side, nice touch for the kids and I wouldnt get too pi**y if I didnt get the same treatment TBH.

If I'm eating I'll normally share a chips with herself and get a burger or such so its never really a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Potato'al Correctness gone mad! In Dinos in Bishopstown you used to get a massive lump of chips that'd dwarf any portion you'd pay for in McDonalds, don't know if they still do that. Without that, they wouldn't have got nearly as much business from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

who_me wrote: »
    In Dinos in Bishopstown you used to get a massive lump of chips

Long loooooooooooooong gone.

They'd nearly take out a pair of scissors and cut protruding chips from the mouth of the bag.

Can't stand the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Asked for a breast of chicken in Lennox's a week ago, usual quantity of chips thrown in, maybe knowing the lad behind the counter helped

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Long loooooooooooooong gone.

They'd nearly take out a pair of scissors and cut protruding chips from the mouth of the bag.

Can't stand the place.

Was in Dinos the other day and they've also started this upselling bull****. Trying to flog you a 'large' meal (€1.30!!!) or extra bacon (0.90!). I'd go to KFC if I wanted to listen to that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Was in Dinos the other day and they've also started this upselling bull****. Trying to flog you a 'large' meal (€1.30!!!) or extra bacon (0.90!). I'd go to KFC if I wanted to listen to that crap.

If they're asking you specifically would you like it large, then they're not very good at upselling.... they should just say "Large?" and look at you quizzically, never mentioning price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

If they're asking you specifically would you like it large, then they're not very good at upselling.... they should just say "Large?" and look at you quizzically, never mentioning price. :)

They didn't mention the price; nor was it even written on the menu!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Was up there a few weeks back and two kids had ordered 1 portion of nuggets and a sausage, they were given about half a scoop of chips on the side, nice touch for the kids and I wouldnt get too pi**y if I didnt get the same treatment TBH.

If I'm eating I'll normally share a chips with herself and get a burger or such so its never really a problem.
    To miserable to buy your partner a bag of chips are ya.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

One bag is more than enough for two if you're having a burger or pie with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I'm more of a salad person myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I'm more of a salad person myself.

But, you don't make friends with salad!

Sorry, couldn't resist :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

See below......
    One bag is more than enough for two if you're having a burger or pie with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Maybe his other half is too miserable to buy herself a pack of chips

Or maybe you're just swinging and missing in an obvious way

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Got a scoop of chips with a burger tonight - all is well with the world again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Got a scoop of chips with a burger tonight - all is well with the world again!

Well done.!
    Not a chip in mine !!

What were you wearing,??

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

scudo2 wrote: »
    Well done.!
    Not a chip in mine !!

What were you wearing,??

Think it was the fact I ordered a Double really! 4.80 for a burger is pricey!

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Think it was the fact I ordered a Double really! 4.80 for a burger is pricey!

Double brest or double D

No wonder you got chips to go on them!

Any sauce put on them ?
    Extra freeby I'm sure, all part of good customer service !

ps. I didn't even get a manky chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Jasus Cork people, ye are like Cavan people! pay for your food will ye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

There is no Lennox's on Barrack street. :) There is however one on Bandon Road.

The reason is simple, price of the average potato. The choice they have is to either increase the price of the average bag of chips, or stop giving out chips to those who don't ask for them.

There is no Lennox's on Barrack street. :) There is however one on Bandon Road.

The reason is simple, price of the average potato. The choice they have is to either increase the price of the average bag of chips, or stop giving out chips to those who don't ask for them.

Nada tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Just buy chips if you want chips? Don't get this.

pwurple wrote: »
    Just buy chips if you want chips? Don't get this.

Use to be a tradition with good old chippers. Depends on the staff.
    Always a nice suprise and thought when you reach in.
    Not a bag full, just 10 or so.
    Perfect night end.

Ask anybody what chippers are best in Cork and Lennox will be the most likley answer.
    Good food. Good staff. Clean shop. And a few chips with burger is the reason why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Tis about the price of spuds I'm tellin ye.
    http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/api/agriculturalpriceindicesjune2013/#.UizTpOxOPbg

The price of a tonne has trebled in the last year.
    An increase of over 500% since 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Use to be a tradition with good old chippers. Depends on the staff.

Think ur right there

Went to Lennox's again tonight, ordered a breast of chicken, got a nice scoop of chips thrown in "again"

No complaints

Ask anybody what chippers are best in Cork and Lennox will be the most likley answer.
    Good food. Good staff. Clean shop. And a few chips with burger is the reason why.

There's a whole thread of people from Cork disagreeing on what the best chipper in Cork is. :P

My family is in Cork a good few generations, and I never saw my grandparents or parents expecting free chips. When we want chips, we just ask for chips.

I don't expect the petrol station to throw in a free packet of chewing gum when I get fuel either.

I don't expect the petrol station to throw in a free packet of chewing gum when I get fuel either.

We should rally for this imo

D'Agger wrote: »
    We should rally for this imo

Someplace to wash the petrol off your hands would be awesome too. :D

• Advertisement

Someplace to wash the petrol off your hands would be awesome too. :D
    Wind up surely?? Loves me the smell 'a diesel!

Advertisement