Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre broadband in Longford

Options
  • 30-08-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to contact you in relation to eFibre broadband in Longford.

I live in Druid Glen, White Linen Woods in Longford town and I currently have Eircom up to 24 meg broadband and was looking forward to getting fibre once it came to my area.

Following the launch in Longford I ran the line checker and found that despite fibre being available in Longford, I could not get it.

I spoke to someone is sales who checked again for me but was only able to tell me that it wasn't available at my address.

Now, I then spoke to one of the sales guys who was after selling fibre to my mother who's house is about 300m from mine and he said that fibre was available in my estate. I told him that I didn't think it was available but he informed me that he had personally signed up people from White Linen Woods for fibre and had seen it installed and working.

I told him I would take it so if he could get me signed up. He took my details and then called me back later that day to say that even though it is available in my estate, it was only available to one side who are apparently connected to a different cabinet.

Now, the cabinet that the rest of the estate is conected to, including myself, is Cab Number: LOD1_025. Having done some research online, it doesn't seem that this Cab will be enabled any time soon.

The problem is that we don't have any other options for fast broadband in the estate as there is no cable and DSL is obviously the only option.

Can you please tell me if this Cab has any chance of being upgraded to fibre any time soon? It would obviously be worth doing from your point of view as we don't have the option of cable and therefore you would likely have all houses sign up if they were looking for decent broadband.

Anyway, sorry for the long message, I was just trying to explain the situation.

Long story short, can you please find out if there is any plans to upgrade the following cabinet to fibre in Longford : Cab no: LOD1_025

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paul74910

Hi
    My Dad has extremely bad efibre in Longford.
    If I pm the details can you sort it out for him.
    Technical support tell me its ok but its very bad random speeds day or night.
    They signed up for 50mb. They are getting 40mb wired and 6mb wireless sometimes 22mb wireless.
    There is nothing to interfere with signal.
    They are extremely dissatisfied naturally enough.
    Technical support have not been of any assistance to date
    Thanks

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Paul74910 wrote: »
    Hi
    My Dad has extremely bad efibre in Longford.
    If I pm the details can you sort it out for him.
    Technical support tell me its ok but its very bad random speeds day or night.
    They signed up for 50mb. They are getting 40mb wired and 6mb wireless sometimes 22mb wireless.
    There is nothing to interfere with signal.
    They are extremely dissatisfied naturally enough.
    Technical support have not been of any assistance to date
    Thanks

Paul
    Hi Paul74910

We have very limited tests we can run on the technical side of efibre. if you want to PM the telephone number we can check what we can.

How many devices are generally connected?

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Hi,

I just wanted to contact you in relation to eFibre broadband in Longford.

I live in Druid Glen, White Linen Woods in Longford town and I currently have Eircom up to 24 meg broadband and was looking forward to getting fibre once it came to my area.

Following the launch in Longford I ran the line checker and found that despite fibre being available in Longford, I could not get it.

I spoke to someone is sales who checked again for me but was only able to tell me that it wasn't available at my address.

Now, I then spoke to one of the sales guys who was after selling fibre to my mother who's house is about 300m from mine and he said that fibre was available in my estate. I told him that I didn't think it was available but he informed me that he had personally signed up people from White Linen Woods for fibre and had seen it installed and working.

I told him I would take it so if he could get me signed up. He took my details and then called me back later that day to say that even though it is available in my estate, it was only available to one side who are apparently connected to a different cabinet.

Now, the cabinet that the rest of the estate is conected to, including myself, is Cab Number: LOD1_025. Having done some research online, it doesn't seem that this Cab will be enabled any time soon.

The problem is that we don't have any other options for fast broadband in the estate as there is no cable and DSL is obviously the only option.

Can you please tell me if this Cab has any chance of being upgraded to fibre any time soon? It would obviously be worth doing from your point of view as we don't have the option of cable and therefore you would likely have all houses sign up if they were looking for decent broadband.

Anyway, sorry for the long message, I was just trying to explain the situation.

Long story short, can you please find out if there is any plans to upgrade the following cabinet to fibre in Longford : Cab no: LOD1_025

Hi jaykay2

We have investigated all the options regarding cabinets, cable tracking drop points to see if we can escalate the requests are asking similar issues.

We have been spent weeks to try and get information regarding individual scenarios.

I have been advised that "the efibre service is not guaranteed to any address, there are network, cabling and distance issues that can affect availability. There can individual factors for each address and the networks team investigated and stated the service is not available at the address".

Believe me I fully understand how limited the response is.

However it is not possible to check every customers request to the specific reasons as to why the service is not available.

Mark

Advertisement