Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M9 Motorway Service Area at J7 Paulstown?

Options
124»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I called in for the first time one evening last week. Looks good but I find it hard to understand how this place is going to do well. Will it really get the footfall it needs to stay open?

The truckers parked up that evening was good to see. Somewhere for them to take breaks as they are required to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

kikel wrote: »
    I called in for the first time one evening last week. Looks good but I find it hard to understand how this place is going to do well. Will it really get the footfall it needs to stay open?

The truckers parked up that evening was good to see. Somewhere for them to take breaks as they are required to do.

Course it will. The M9 between Carlow and Kilkenny is one of the busiest sections of the whole motorway. Also the old Carliw Kk road R713/448 still handles lots of traffic there in itself too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

road_high wrote: »
    The M9 between Carlow and Kilkenny is one of the busiest sections of the whole motorway.

Sorry, but between Carlow and Athy is busier and again between Athy and kilcullen is busier and also between kilcullen and the just next ion with the m7 is busier again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

kikel wrote: »
    Sorry, but between Carlow and Athy is busier and again between Athy and kilcullen is busier and also between kilcullen and the just next ion with the m7 is busier again.

Yea but they're building one near Junction 2 which is nearly 60km apart so perfect distance apart.
    Will be plenty of business for all, services have opened on less busy sections of other motorways and are doing fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

With the cheap petrol prices, they will get people coming in from all over and not just rely on motorway traffic.

Plenty of locals come in to BK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Super-Rush wrote: »
    With the cheap petrol prices, they will get people coming in from all over and not just rely on motorway traffic.

Plenty of locals come in to BK.

Whatever about petrol, diesel is cheaper in both Kilkenny and nearby Bagenalstown at the moment.

Advertisement