Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBT GALWAY???

• 30-08-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks, im lookin to do my IBT in Galway soon just wondering does anyone have any recommendations/prices etc.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

Try dan from comfort driving school. He will do you a good deal. I did my IBT with him last year and found him very helpful and reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Hi colin, I'm lookin at getting mine done too i need to do modules 1,3 & 5 so I can apply for the full unrestricted A. If we could arrange to get them both done together, we could get a group discount, i know that they give discounts in Galway Motorcycle School. I've done a lesson before with John, he's sound, check out the pricing here: http://www.galwaymotorcycleschool.com/pricing.php

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

Will be contacting GMS after lunch to book mine for next week. have heard a few people mention the instructor there, so am going to try him, will also be doing 1,3, & 5.
    if any one is interested in combining for parts of it at least PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

For what its worth if you can afford to at all you are much better off with 1 to 1 instruction. You will benefit a hell of alot more, unless its someone you know really well. Seen it so many times being paired up with an absolute fu.ck.wit that just impedes your own learning.

If you are struggling for the money to do IBT its different.....just my 2c.

not saying anything about the other two poster! lol
    but i was thinking along your lines Wonda.
    thought i would be fine sharing parts 1 & 3, but would rather do part 5 as 1 on 1. thats why i mentioned "combining for parts of it at least" just thinking as i have a bike and have experence riding it, have been for the last year. that while i will learn from doing all of it, that parts will be a case of a formality for me, but that the on the road part will be where i will learn the most. few years back i also did 3 day training in dublin as well. damn this changing the licenceing requirements!
    would you say that even for parts 1 & 3, go your own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

+1 on John from GMS, and friends have done training with Dan at Comfort too - both seem good lads to do it with, so it might just come down to which is the most convenient to you.

John @ GMS will bring a bike to you, not sure if Dan does that (but could well do).

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

I'd highly recommend John too, excellent instructor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I will add my support for John, I did a pre test with him, sound skin, glad I did it. I know Dan at comfort, he is very knowledgable so Galway is spoilt

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Just to add to the above, I can't recommend John highly enough, very professional and an absolute gent.

http://www.galwaymotorcycleschool.com/

am sure i will be adding to Johns compliments by the end of next week, I am signed up with him, along dwelby101

• Advertisement
Advertisement