Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apollo Roofing in the Raheen area?

• 30-08-2013 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Anyone get a house call from these guys?

Being wary of tradespeople cold-calling I brushed them off. I then decided to do some detective work.

The CRO has no listing for that company, and the landline (Dublin number) that is in their leaflet is disconnected. I presume the mobile number is real.

There is no landline, Facebook page or anything at all on the internet regarding them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just took a stroll up the estate as they are supposedly doing 3 houses in the estate today and that's why they happened to call around to me, or so they say.

Surprisingly they're not around :rolleyes:

Caveat emptor me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 joecat60

They're in Arbour Hill area in Dublin today and I don't think they're for real. What decent roofer cleans windows and gutters and then fixes the roof as a sideline? One of them is wearing Coffey Roofing jacket and they have no proper roofing equipment. They didn't even have a bucket for the window cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Anyone see Rogue Traders on BBC a few months back. Guys like these in Manchester, and I must stress "like". Not saying they are out to rip anyone off...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 joecat60

Same guys are knocking around Palatine Square in Dublin 7 today touting for work - avoid

Advertisement