Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on building company

Options
  • 30-08-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to see if anyone has had any experiences with a building company called Lenham Developments.

Architect has put me in contact with them and seem very nice but was a bit evasive on references which I'm taking as a bad sign but on other hand why would architect recommend them if they are dodgy?

I would appreciate any info anyone has as they are not the cheapest but seem the most charismatic. Could you please IM the info whether it is good or bad to avoid Mods getting hot under the collar.

Thanks

OW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Why would architect recommend them if they are dodgy?

Possibly they are related? They have some form of business relationship?

Best advice I can give is to get your plans and details together and get a couple of companies to give you a quote and some references etc.

BTW my brother in law runs a building company and I can send you his contact details if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the reply.

The relationship thing is something that has crossed my mind also and something that I am trying to tease out to be honest. If one does exist and I haven't been made aware of it then I need another architect!

OW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Hi,

I am looking to see if anyone has had any experiences with a building company called Lenham Developments.

Architect has put me in contact with them and seem very nice but was a bit evasive on references which I'm taking as a bad sign but on other hand why would architect recommend them if they are dodgy?

I would appreciate any info anyone has as they are not the cheapest but seem the most charismatic. Could you please IM the info whether it is good or bad to avoid Mods getting hot under the collar.

Thanks

OW

Architect might be gettin a referal fee happens all the time. I done some work a good few years back and mick was a good worker. But i havent seen any work they done in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

would appreciate any info anyone has as they are not the cheapest but seem the most charismatic.

I'm not being smart or anything but are you goin for a pint with him or contracting him to build something.

Forget about charisma get the most skilled company with the best references and hire them.

If a contractor is being evasive about references I'd be wary he may have unfinished projects and the cash flow from yours could be used to finish these first. In the good times this would've been regular occurrence as work was plentiful but leads to issues these days at the end of projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

Thanks for the comments.

On balance I think probably best avoided as I do suspect there is something going on between architect and builder. The lack of references also a concern and while I don't want to be best mates with builder also want somebody who you feel you can work with especially when the unforeseen hitches occur.

OW

• Advertisement
Advertisement