Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Internet Providers should i go with

• 30-08-2013 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi I hope this is in the Correct Forum,

I need some advise. I have recently moved in rented accomadation.Im a new tenant. There had been UPC broadband set up including T.V and internet. However the last tenants who more than likely set it up, had taken the equipment with them when they left. ...However...my house still has tv connection, with no internet. My landlord has advised to set up a seperate internet away from UPC as apparently we have free UPC at the moment.

Is it better for me to set up a new account with UPC. Upc have offered the Horizon for 50e Monthly with broadband,tv and phone landline.

Or better to pay for a seperate internet provider with free T.V.....( for how long i wonder)

I would really appriciate any advise

Thanks you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Mc Kenzie wrote: »

Is it better for me to set up a new account with UPC. Upc have offered the Horizon for 50e Monthly with broadband,tv and phone landline.

For broadband UPC are probably the best provider, however if you can get the VDSL (efibre) service that's a good bet too. Check with the providers about availability

I've no interest in tv as I rarely watch it so can't advise on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The free tv will only last till UPC switch off the previous customers feed into the house (not long)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 soerenswl

this is not correct, analogue tv is "always on" you dont need to pay for it, if you have a cable coming out of the wall you get analogue tv too (for free), if these 16 channels don´t suit you then get a sat dish without sky subscription (lidl has them on offer every few months) point it to astra or wherever and enjoy free tv for a low fee (cost of the dish bundle) which usually pays off just after 4 months and after that it´s free. depending on location and landlord approval of course.

if you call upc and ask them for internet only you can save money with the phone bundle, even if you never use it it´s still cheaper than broadband alone.

Advertisement