Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tay's Study Log - 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

Biology - Lymphatic System, Endocrine System.
    French - 2006 listening
    Maths - Constructions except Centroid.
    English - WB Yeats, Vision and Viewpoint on HMMTB.
    Home Ec - Poverty.

Tomorrow I'll begin with Chemistry, there's a chapter I keep avoiding and I want to nail it down now.

I've been sick for the past 2 days and I have no energy to do anything. I'll update when I'm better.

I am well again!! After endless cups of tea and soothers, I have enough energy to leave my comfy bed and Netflix to resume studying.
    I need to bring my 420 in the mocks right up to at least 440. I have two weeks to get a lot done and I hope I won't waste anytime.
    My plan for the 2 weeks is to try and start studying at 9am each day and do at least 6 subjects in each day. There might be a day or two or three where I cannot follow my plan, but I'll still attempt. I'll also only do one language per day.
    Tomorrow: I get serious.
    But right now, I have a load of movies to watch before tomorrow.

Today I started working at 9.30am and finished up at about 5.50pm. This time was made up of studying, procrastinating and eating.
    English - 2008 P1 full paper
    Maths - Area and Volume, I did about 4/5 questions in my exam papers.
    French - Learnt a paragraph on volunteering, vocab for happy diary entry and I did a written piece on 'Vivre san internet'.
    Irish - 2008 listening, can't believe I done better than I expected. Although I had major spelling issues, I attempted the majority.
    Biology - Ecology and three exam questions.
    Chemistry - Bohr, Electronegativity, Ionisation energy, energy level etc.
    Home Ec - Food Spoilage.

I got pretty tired towards the end, mid -way through chemistry but I continued until I got some Home Ec done.
    I think I done pretty well today, thanks to the Vanilla Sky soundtrack I had on replay. Great songs to aid studying.
    So I hope tomorrow is as successful as today, I'll try and start at 9.30am again so I can finish by 6pm and enjoy my evening.
    Right, I'm gonna go eat noodles and play Sims 3!

Oh and the Chemistry chapter I did today was the one I've been avoiding for a long time. Simply because it's boring, but I defeated it at last! :P

EDIT; I know I said I wouldn't do two language subjects in a day, but some how I had time. I'll try and do at least one subject per day, but if I get two done..woohoo.
    French listening to do tomorrow.

• Advertisement

English - 2007 Vision and Viewpoint Q1.
    Irish - Vocab for essay.
    French - 2009 full listening. The overwhelming happiness I felt when I managed to get 50/80.
    Home Ec - Food preservation, additives and legislation.
    Chemistry - That chapter with Neil's Bohr, Ionisation, Energy level etc questions.
    Biology - Enzymes

No maths today. I began an attempt on a question, only to end up crying 2 minutes later. All I want is a C3 in OL and still it's a challenge :P Stay optimistic and work harder I guess. Hopefully the two day free maths session in Griffth next week will help me.

Tomorrow, I will be extremely occupied from 9am to possibly 4pm and afterwards I'll be too sore to study....I'll attempt to get some Biology, Chemistry and English done at 'the place' I'm going, but if I can't, I'll cry. Thursday, I'll still be sore, so I'll possibly have to study on my iPod. If I don't get much done in the week, I'm taking it out on my weekend.

I didn't get much done today and my head is extremely painful.
    Biology - Respiration, Food, Scientific Method.
    Chemistry - Water Titrations and water.
    English - Seamus Heaney
    Irish - started learning an essay of the influence of media on young people.
    Tomorrow if my head is healed, I'll try and do some more.

English - Sylvia Plath and Kingship in Macbeth.
    Maths - Graphing functions.
    Irish - Colscaradh and Dis.
    French - Learned a written piece on le dopage and I did a journal intime.
    Biology - Food and Human Nutrition.
    Chemistry - Water questions.
    Home Ec - Protein, Management and Money.

47 more days. 47 more days.

English - Emily Dickinson.
    Home Ec - Textiles
    Chemistry - Organic Chemistry
    Biology - Human reproduction.

As you can see I didn't do much today, the sun was too distracting :P

Irish - Essay on Oideachas maith, I only managed to get 2 and a 1/2 pages which I could really improve on.
    Maths - Data
    French - I wrote up a piece on La racisme and now I have to learn it.
    Home Ec - Meat, Fish, Iron and Vit C.

• Advertisement

English - V+V of Sive, Casablanca and HMMTB. I'll finish this tomorrow.
    Maths - Probability
    Home Ec - Education
    French - I learned Le dopage, le Benevole and le racisme off.
    Irish - Fill Aris and An Spailpin Fanach
    Biology - Plant reproduction.

English - More VV work and Macduff.
    Maths - Trigonmetry
    Irish - Colmáin and An Lasair Choille, I also did I tiny bit of essay writing.
    French - 2008 listening
    Home Ec - Cereals
    Biology - Photosynthesis and questions in the exam papers.
    Chemistry - I started 2012 paper, hopefully I'll finish it by the end of the week.

I didn't do much today, my brain refused to co-operate.
    English - Small work on Macbeth
    Biology - Circulatory system
    Home Ec - Consumer Studies
    Hopefully I get more done tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laylaax

heya ! im a fellow lc student and i was just wondering what are your thoughts on the irish essay titles or do you have any predictions ? i struggle so much with irish and i need to learn off essays as i dont have the irish to put it together on the day ! Thanks and oh bte keep up the good work !! :)

laylaax wrote: »
    heya ! im a fellow lc student and i was just wondering what are your thoughts on the irish essay titles or do you have any predictions ? i struggle so much with irish and i need to learn off essays as i dont have the irish to put it together on the day ! Thanks and oh bte keep up the good work !! :)
    Hello! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are. I can't learn an Irish essay as much as I tried. My plan is to learn a paragraph for the following topics; Drugs, alcohol, immigration, stress of school, bullying on the internet and bits on the influence of the media. This way I can try and adapt my paragraphs to suit whichever essay that will accept them.
    I'm also going to learn the intro for the debate as the debate question could suit what you learned better instead of the essays.
    If an essay about things that anger me come up, I could suit all this to fit.
    If an essay about education, I could easily adapt this method.
    Essay about the media, again I could use my paragraphs.
    Essay about the celtic tiger, yup.
    You probably get it by now :P
    Anyways, make sure you learn filler sentences and at least 6 seanfhocal.
    Good luck!
    Also, use your oral work. You probably have things on drugs, alcohol etc prepared so that lessens the workload :)

Home Ec - Sensory Analyse chapter and the Irish food industry.
    Maths - Calculus - The four equation thingys -
    French - Vocab for a negative diary entry
    Biology - DNA and RNA
    Chemistry - 2012 Q.4 and simplified the atomic theory chapter.
    Irish - An Gnathrud, learned a paragraph on the media's influence on young girls.
    English - Elizabeth Bishop poetry.

Nothing done today. Not by choice, I just couldn't concentrate and my brain refused to soak up what I was doing.
    I now know why it's better to have what you're going to study organised before hand.

Biology - Genetic crosses
    Chemistry - Fuels and hydrocarbons
    Irish - listening
    French - grammar
    Home Ec - work and exam papers short questions
    Maths- more calculus

Chemistry - Acid and Bases
    Irish - Geibheann
    Maths - Exam questions
    Home Ec - Vit B, Unemployment and the microwave.

I didn't get much done due to the extravagant headache that refuses to p*ss off. First day back and already I can't wait to finish. 2 more Mondays!!
    The excitement that I feel thinking about never having to see anyone from my school again *hopefully* Woohoo! So glad I go to a school that's 3 towns away from mine, better chance of not running into anyone.

Chemistry - pH..I keep avoiding the indicator section for some reason..those graphs scare me.
    Biology - Immune System
    French - Grammar; Que and Qui, Negatifs, Dont.
    Maths - Calculus; maximum and minimum point on a curve.
    Home Ec - Fridge, Vit B, Housing and quick run through of Marriage. I have a test tomorrow so I'll have to cram whatever is left.
    English: Sive theme of Isolation.

If I can just make it to Friday...already contemplating not going in tomorrow, but we still have certain subjects to finish so I won't risk it. Suck it up and roll with the punches.

• Advertisement

90% on my Home Ec test, I must be doing something right for once.
    French - Grammar and brief look at universal sentences
    Irish - Mailí from An Triall
    English - Sive and HMMTB cultural context. I'm thinking of scraping Casablanca and do I'm Not Scared. Casablanca is such an outlier within Sive and HMMTB.
    Biology - Read the kidney chapter
    Chemistry - 2013,2012 - Q8s, Bromination of Ethene and free radical substitution.
    22 more days till school is over!

Home Ec - Poverty
    Chemistry - Chemical Equilibrium and the Iron Tablet experiment.
    Irish - Started my essay on the media and also did some grammar work.
    English - Emily Dickinson and the theme of Isolation in my three texts.
    Maths - Calculus and questions in the exam paper.

Now I'm going to go watch 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape?' And fan girl over Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp being together in this movie. :)

French - Volunteering, smoking, alcohol, environment vocab.
    Irish - An tEarrach Thiar (It would be hilarious if this or Mo Ghra- sa came up), Colmain, looked over my paragraphs on the point system, unemployment and alcohol.
    Biology - The Ear, Eye and Skin.
    Chemistry - Soap experiment and Vinegar experiment. Aldehydes, alcohol, ketones (Briefly).
    Home Ec - Credit, Carbohydrate properties and Milk.

Biology - Photosynthesis and Respiration.
    Irish - One reading comprehension.
    English - Vision and Viewpoint: Sive, Casablanca and HMMTB.
    Maths - Algebra and graphing functions.
    Home Ec - HACCP, Infectious and toxic food poisoning, EHO, FSAI.
    French - Grammar

Biology - Fungi and Bacteria, experiment with leaf yeast and questions relating.
    Chemistry - Water, water experiments: EDTA, Chlorine, Winkler's Method etc.
    French - 2011 both reading comprehension.
    Irish - An spailpin fanach and a sample paper question relating. I also looked at vocab for the aural.
    Home Ec - Lipids and a relating exam question.
    Maths - More calculus (velocity and acceleration) did 2013 P1 Q.9 and a question about cylinders.

No English today as you can see. I'm going to listen to some W.B Yeats poems on YouTube before I go to bed. But I finally figured out what I want to have done for English.
    Paper 1 - I'm okay with this. I might do 1 or 2 reading comprehensions before the exam. I'll also look over writing news articles and whatnot.
    The composing part is my absolute favourite. Short stories all the way!

Paper 2 - The public enemy no 1.
    Macbeth - All the characters (Major ones at least) and also a few themes.
    Comparative - Vision and Viewpoint for Sive, Casablanca and HMMTB. I'll also do the theme of Isolation. Cultural context can screw off at this point.
    Unseen poetry - Bluff, bluff, bluff.
    Poetry - My favourite are W.B Yeats, Emily Dickinson and Slyvia Plath. If one of them comes up....oh lord, I can't even describe how I would feel if it happened.
    I'll also revise Derek Mahon and Elizabeth Bishop properly.
    I would do Seamus Heaney, but to be honest, I like Derek Mahon better.

So that's basically it for English. My favourite subject that I'm fully relying on. Pls don't let me down. Pls.

English - Isolation in Casablanca and W.B Yeats poetry.
    French - 2011 Q3 a) Binge drinking and Q4 b) Social networking. I also looked over my opinion piece on drug use in sport and obesity.
    Biology - The respiratory system.
    Home Ec - Minerals and Recycling.

I managed to get a few things done this weekend. It still hasn't hit me that I have about 4 weeks left. Anyways,
    English - Derek Mahon, theme of Isolation.
    French - Homelessness and 2007 listening.
    Home Ec - Housing, textiles, fats, the family.
    Biology - Cell Division,
    Chemistry - 2013 and 2012 short questions
    I really need to stop watch Supernatural until the end of my exams, Dean and Sam are ruining my life :P

English - Started planning Derek Mahon 2013 poetry question. I'll do it tomorrow.
    Home Ec - Unemployment and Textiles.
    Biology - Human Reproduction..test tomorrow so I'll have to cram revision of food and ecology.
    Chemistry - Preparations experiments and 2010 short questions.
    Irish - Dis quick revision.
    I attempted to do Maths, but I got stuck on part i of an area and volume question so I gave up. Is it me or are the sample papers really hard .-. OL Maths is going to be the death of me.

English - Derek Mahon 2013 question.
    Maths - Area and Volume questions 2013-2010.
    Biology - Lymphatic, Circulatory, Plant Structure, Senses.
    Chemistry - Atmospheric: Perclase (?) case study.
    Irish - Colmain.. I really hope this poem comes up :P
    Home Ec - Anorexia Nervosa, Builimia, Diabetes, Bowel Diseases, Coeliac Disease, Obesity and High Cholesterol.

X-men in 10 days!!!!

• Advertisement

I got quite a bit done today. We had a 'surprise' biology test today. I was very surprised :P
    English - WB Yeats...pls come up...pls.
    French - Diary entry about falling down the stairs..something along those lines.
    Biology - Growth regulator chapter.
    Chemistry - Experiment with Propanone, read rates of reaction...I still don't understand those graphs! :/ I'll keep trying until I do, I guess.

9 more days till X-men!!! The only thing keeping me alert right now.

English - Vision and Viewpoint of Sive, HMMTB, Casablanca
    Maths - The Circle
    French - Reading comprehension, section 3 and 4 of 2011 listening, grammar.
    Home Ec - Housing, NCA, Dept of Food and Agri, Dept of Health and Children, Cheese production, calcium.
    Biology - Structure of plant, absorption of water, Dicot experiment.
    Chemistry - Colorimetry, Chromatography, Conjugate acid and base, quick scan of Atomic Theory, short questions..can't remember the year.
    Irish - An Gnathrud and Geibheann.

7 more days till X-Men!

English - Read my Macbeth notes.
    Biology - Plant structure and reproduction. I'll do exam questions tomorrow.
    French - Revised my notes on smoking, the economy, advantages of a second language, social networking and racism.
    Irish - Colscaradh and read over some essay vocab.
    Maths - Cried lol.
    Home Ec - Unemployment, Work, Convenience foods.

"The sun looks so beautiful today." The Leaving Cert student said as tears rolled down his/her cheek. He/she turned away from the window and re-opened Examinations.ie.

Maths - More tears lol I'm so screwed. Paper 1 isn't THAT bad, but P2...yeah I'm screwed.
    English - Partially read my Elizabeth Bishop poetry notes...partially.
    Irish - Hurlamaboc, 1 reading comprehension and looked over my young people essay.
    Chemistry - Radioactivity and another chapter..but I forgot.
    Biology - Waste management
    Home Ec - Family, soups and sauces.

Tomorrow I'll start with Maths and I won't budge until I learn something! For now, I'm gonna go play sims.

2 day long headache! Impossible to get anything done now. Gosh I feel so overwhelmed by stress. At this point, I don't even care anymore, I just want the LC over with. 2 more official school days, then graduation. Hopefully I'll be well enough to survive until Friday. Who needs graduation celebrations when you have X-Men?!

So apparently today was my last day at school and I missed it lol. I'll be going back on Friday for graduation but that's about it.
    Today, I did what I could...sadly with the television on. I just can't study without noise!
    English - Casablanca GVV, I finally understand it.
    Maths - Statistics, I did 2012 SEC Statistics questions. I think I'll keep focusing on paper two till next week. Then I'll go back to paper one.
    Irish - An Lasair Choille, Essay vocab. Another thing I just realised, we technically never finished the Irish course. Grammar..nope, Caoineadh Airt whatever...nope, proper focus on listening..nope. Guess I'm on my own at this point.
    Biology - A few random chapters, probably 4-5. I know Respiration was one of them, that's all. I also did 2012 Short questions and experiment. I got my other mock biology back yesterday, 74%..guess I'm on the right track.
    Chemistry - I honestly cannot remember what I actually studied. My brain refused to absorb anything when I opened my book.
    Home Ec - Slight poverty, food additives, something else.

I'm forgetting so much today, but anyways, 2 days till X-Men! I have waited a long time for this and it's finally happening!!

• Advertisement

Graduated yesterday and also X-men is outstandingly fabulous once again. 3D takes it all to a whole new level. I can't wait for the next film! Until then, time to create an alternate ending B)
    Anyways, the graduation ceremony was pretty good. I got an award for creative writing which brought my 2 years at the school to a full circle. I'll miss some and others I absolutely won't. But now it's time to get back to work after 2 days of nothing.

Home Ec - Fish, Education, Carbohydrare properties and shopping.
    Biology - Skeleton chapter and Digestion.
    Chemistry - Water and rates of reaction, also hydrogen peroxide experiment.
    French - 2008 literary reading comprehension and 2005 listening (brootal).
    Irish - Dis and Geibheann.
    Maths - Well...I revised over Trigonometry and Geometry..but I didn't write a thing.
    English - Macbeth; struggle between good and evil, HMMTB GVV, Emily Dickinson...pls come up. One of my favourite lines is currently "And then a plank in reason broke and I dropped down and down." I think that's it anyway.

In other news, I sprained or possibly broke my pinky whilst trying to impersonate wolverine. They warned me, and I still went ahead :(
    It was worth it though.
    That's enough news now, I'm in the mood to write so I'll see if I can get something written before I watch a movie.

So I definitely sprained my pinky by the looks of it. It's really difficult and uncomfortable for me to write. Hopefully it heals before the exams. Note to self, you're not wolverine. 9 days left to enhance my Home Economics knowledge. I'm doing a bit of HE each day, since it's currently my main priority.

Home Ec - Eggs, B1, B2, B6, Textiles, Calcium and Vit D.
    Chemistry - Electronegativity, Hydrogen peroxide experiment, preparation of soap and Esters.
    Biology - Photosynthesis and Human Reproduction...I spent a good 5 minutes laughing at 'mammary gland'. It sounds ridiculously funny to me for some strange reason.
    French - 2005 or 2008 Journal intime (Whichever one was about going out and spending a lot of money.) I also revised my past tense grammar.
    Irish - Fill Aris, hopefully this or Colmain comes up. I can't stand An Triall. I also done Sample 4 listening, I didn't grade it, but my irish spellings would have surely lost me a lot of marks.
    Maths - Nothing at all...too scared to open the exam paper lol.
    English - GVV for Sive, Lady Macbeth is ruthlessly ambitious rather than fundamentally evil, Derek Mahon poems.

Tomorrow, I'll make more effort with Maths. I said that last week and I barely did anything. But this time, I'm serious. Honest.

Maths - Sample paper D - Patterns, Prime Numbers and Financial Maths.
    English - Casablanca GVV
    Irish - Colscaradh, Mo Ghra-sa, An t-Earrach Thiar.
    Biology - Defence system, endocrine system, all enzyme experiments.
    Home Ec - Cheese, Microwave, Fridge, Niacin, Folic Acid, B12 and Hire Purchase Act.

No Chemistry or French today, so I'll start with them tomorrow. Already planning my cram sessions the night before each exams. If it's a memory test they want, that's what they'll get.

Chemistry - Equilibrium chapter, Free radical mechanism and bromine mechanism, periclase case study.
    French - Essay phrases and oral phrases.
    English - Macbeth quotes and HMMTB Isolation theme.
    Biology - Scientific Method, ear, eye and skin.
    Home Ec - 2013 short questions, meat, iron, freezing, vitamin Bs, Extensive processing of flour.
    Irish - Essay phrases, looked over my essay notes and revised Dis.

No maths today, I need to devote a day this week entirely to Maths.

What in the world did I do to deserve four irritating, ignorant and just f*cking stupid brothers?! Six days left of study and these arseholes refuse to let me work. Why oh why.
    Anyway, I attempted what I could and I'm pretty sure I only absorbed 1/2 of what I studied today. I blame those idiots.

English - Isolation (Sive, Babylon, Casablanca)
    Maths - Ugh, I won't even bother explaining.
    Irish - Brief reading of Caoineadh Airt whatever and Geibheann.
    Home Ec - Housing, Textiles, Sensory Analysis, Changes in eating pattern, minerals.
    Biology - Fungi, Bacteria, Amoeba, Breathing and the yeast experiment.

*These are what I attempted to do, I couldn't concentrate at all, those twats annoyed me so much! Times like this I really wish I was wolverine. Ughhh.
    So this is basically what I have to live with for the next few days. If only I lived close to a library.

• Advertisement

I just realised I might not need an OC3 for my course! Woohoo. Yes it seems like something that's really easy to achieve, but for me it's absolutely not. If it turns out that I just have to pass Maths, then my whole life is complete. I can stop trying so hard to understand project maths! :D

My goal for the leaving cert, but I'll be happy with getting just enough for my course.
    Maths C3 - 20 (D3 now, but who knows how it will all turn out)
    English B1 - 85 (Favourite by 100% ily, even though the majority of the course is made up of learning off rather than understanding.)
    Irish C2 - 65 (I need this so badly, but I hate this subject so much!)
    French B3 - 75 (Pls, just for once, pls be cool.)
    Biology B2 - 80 (I'm counting on my one year of biology to get me through.)
    Chemistry D3 - 45 (Hahaha fck off. But I still need those points...so stay until the 17th)
    Home Economics B1 - 85 (WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER. Hold my hand and let's be friends.)
    Total: 455

Anything over 435 will do, my course was 425 last year, but I fear it will increase. Although I have a pretty awesome backup, but still, just like that KOL song, I WANT YOU.

Tomorrow I had planned to have a National study Chemistry and Maths day in my house and then brownies if I manage to get 2 hours of each done. But now I'm gonna just roll with the punches and see what I feel like studying tomorrow.

I forgot to post what I did today. :P
    English - WB Yeats and Emily Dickinson.
    French - Read my Mal-logement and racisme writing piece. I also revised the grammar questions that always come up (Adverbe, adjectif, subjonctive etc)
    Biology - Plant reproduction, SEC Sample paper short questions and experiment.
    Chemistry - Propanone experiment, acid and base, thermochemistry.
    Maths - 2/4 of Sample paper E
    Home Ec - HACCP, EHO, FSAI, Food safety, Bacteria, yeast, poverty, HDL and LDL, Insurance.

English - GVV of Casablanca, Sive and HMMTB. Revised Slyvia Plath. Macbeth; Kingship and the witches.
    Maths - Sample p1 E question 9
    French - Diary entry 10 positive and 10 negative sentences. Homelessness, drug in sport and volunteering again.
    Biology - IAA experiment, nervous system, circulatory system.
    Chemistry - Organic Chemistry up to Aldehydes, bonding, Electronegativity.
    Home Ec - Work, money management, IDA.

I'll continue to rotate my subjects up until Monday, then it's cramming as much Home Ec as I can.

English - Isolation in HMMTB, Elizabeth Bishop and An Irish Airman Forsees His Death by Yeats.
    French - Wrote up an opinion piece about 'les femmes dans la politique'. I'll learn it tomorrow.
    Biology - Food, Cell Diversity, Evolution.
    Chemistry - I started reading the organic chemistry experiment, but then I fell asleep. Like a full on 3 hour nap! It happened yesterday too!
    Home Ec - Marriage, Vit D, Vit C, B vitamins B1-B12.

The one thing that I have to remember is that there's always another way if I don't get my first choice. Those people who think they're too high and mighty for PLCs really irritate me. One person in particular who needs to get off their high horse. "I'd rather die than do a plc."
    Well good luck with that then.

I went to bed early yesterday since I realised how messed up my sleeping pattern is.
    Yesterday:
    French - Learnt 'Les femmes dans la politque', 3 listening pages out of Ecoutez Bien 2, past tense grammar, negative diary entry terms.
    Irish - Colmain, Spailpin Fanach, An Gnathrud.
    English - Macbeth as a complex and imaginative character, lady Macbeth the opposite. Isolation in Sive and Casablanca. Emily Dickinson.
    Maths - Patterns.
    Home Ec - Minerals and Vitamins, eggs, second chance education for adults, working principle of the microwave and the fridge.
    Chemistry - Iron tablet experiment, vinegar experiment, gas laws.

So this was basically the last day of me rotating my subjects. Tomorrow, I'll only be studying English and Home.Ec. It's all come down to this. One year of work, but will it all pay off?
    Today,
    Chemistry - Water, water experiments etc.
    Biology - Genetics, DNA, Nervous system.
    Home Ec - Everything related to meat except protein.
    Irish - An Lasair Choille, Colscaradh and Fill Aris.
    Maths - Started redoing my mock paper.
    English - Macbeth's downfall and derek mahon.

Exams went fairly okay today.
    English - I did the first comprehension, it started off well then it got repetitive. So boring. I did the letter for Section B. I wrote to David Gilmour of Pink Floyd asking him to donate his first ever guitar....hopefully the examiner doesn't know who he is because there was a vast majority of errors regarding his information. Lol. For the composing, I done a short story.
    The one about a ghastly/ghostly presence. My idea was so stupid but it was the first thing that came to me. It was about a girl who's mother died, so the father got depressed, stop working and drank cheap beer all day. She lives in abysmal conditions with her older bro and sister too. So she's heading off to school, goes to ring for her friend and they get into an argument about the girl believing her mam is still alive. Her friend pushes her onto the road, a car is about to hit her. Everything suddenly freezes, she's in that moment between life and death, she sees her mam who is all like "They need you, I won't let you die too." Yada yada etc. so she awakes on the street, her friend is crying, ambulance is coming and she's uninjured. The car basically sent her flying like a lost kite.

I managed to fit all that into a measly 4 and a half pages. Please don't judge.
    I feel so embarrassed now, poor examiner is gonna have to correct my odd work :/

Anyway, Home Ec is completed FOREVER. The exam was fairly okay, the first question caught me off guard but I tried my best.

English tomorrow so I'll have to revise.
    Poets - Bishop, Plath, Dickinson, Yeats. And possible Mahon if I can. Not taking any risks with Heaney, not at all.

Comparative - GVV and theme and issue.

Macbeth - Macduff, Macbeth and his girl, Banquo, the witches and kingship.

Paper 2 was good.
    Macbeth - The first question confused me so I just discussed his relationship with Banquo and LM.
    Comparative - 2nd question of GVV, grand enough.
    Poetry - 3 of my studied ones came up, I was faced with the huge decision of which one to answer. But I ended up with Dickinson, since her question was so lovely that I nearly shed a tear. THANK U BASED GODS.
    I'm gonna rest now and go revise for maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BlazingBladeDA

I did the same thing for Macbeth, my friend answered his as a kingship question so I thoguht I was alone :S

I did the same thing for Macbeth, my friend answered his as a kingship question so I thoguht I was alone :S
    It was more a character question rather than a theme..kingship is rather odd..
    The question was pretty vague in my opinion, I had to read it over and over to try and understand it :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement