Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

from Hermes to Poseidon in one year

Options
  • 30-08-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

background:
    Hermes
    used to be a runner (sprinting), stopped training became unfit over the past year.

Current Objective:
    Poseidon
    To become a strong swimmer and a heavy lifter. i hope to be able to go from barely being able to do a few laps of a pool, to being able to do mile swims at a fast pace (goal to be defined more clearly after basic training). also, to be able to learn and become proficient at squats, deadlifts, benchpress's and gain about 10-15kg in muscle mass.

Secondary: fix sleeping pattern

weight: 72-73.5 kg

height: 6ft1"-6ft1.5"

Training days per week: 3-5

ive already begun training but ive only recently began logging it. also, ive been slightly sporadic with deciding what to train and to keep a steady routine, i hope to fix that with the next training session which i will log here

side note: the next 2 weeks i will spend in france surfing.... its not part of my normal training, just a holiday, but ill log my surfing progress there too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Hermes to Barbados Slim you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

dont watch futurama but i googled it there haha

31/08/13
    • first time trying these excercise, new workout so my form wasnt great
    Did the exercises in pairs
    1. Dumbell bench press 15kg each arm 10X3
    2. pull ups 10X3
    1. Dumbell side laterals 10X3 at 5kg per arm - struggled
    2. Dumbell shoulder press 10X3 12.5 kg each arm - struggled
    ^ Those 2 exercises were perfect, reached my peak, good form, struggled with the last rep but thats good i think
    1. Standing Dumbell curl 15kg 10X3 - first 2 attempts but got alot of forarm pain. last attempt at 12.5 kg - too easy.
    2. Dumbell skull crusher 10X3 - attempted 10 kg but bad form. attempted alternate style at 7.5kg but had alot of forearm pain again and bad form
      last attempt at 7.5kg in the original style - successful but forearm pain again. guess i have weak forearms or my body isnt used to dumbell exercises.
    1. hanging leg lift 15X3 - bar not high enough from the ground, couldnt complete porper sets. did 100 situps in replacement.
    2. lower back extension 15X3 - successful

todays weight 72kg. currently taking casein/ cretine in a mass builder shake regularly along with a decent diet

p.s
    so im new to all this, probably will change my routine again afew times till i finf something that suits me.
    eventually ill start squats and deadlifts but id like to have a coach to show me proper form.
    also my holidays are soon, so the gym will be put on hold for 2 weeks after tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

shane9689 wrote: »
    dont watch futurama but i googled it there haha

31/08/13
    • first time trying these excercise, new workout so my form wasnt great
    Did the exercises in pairs
    1. Dumbell bench press 15kg each arm 10X3
    2. pull ups 10X3
    1. Dumbell side laterals 10X3 at 5kg per arm - struggled
    2. Dumbell shoulder press 10X3 12.5 kg each arm - struggled
    ^ Those 2 exercises were perfect, reached my peak, good form, struggled with the last rep but thats good i think
    1. Standing Dumbell curl 15kg 10X3 - first 2 attempts but got alot of forarm pain. last attempt at 12.5 kg - too easy.
    2. Dumbell skull crusher 10X3 - attempted 10 kg but bad form. attempted alternate style at 7.5kg but had alot of forearm pain again and bad form
      last attempt at 7.5kg in the original style - successful but forearm pain again. guess i have weak forearms or my body isnt used to dumbell exercises.
    1. hanging leg lift 15X3 - bar not high enough from the ground, couldnt complete porper sets. did 100 situps in replacement.
    2. lower back extension 15X3 - successful

todays weight 72kg. currently taking casein/ cretine in a mass builder shake regularly along with a decent diet

p.s
    so im new to all this, probably will change my routine again afew times till i finf something that suits me.
    eventually ill start squats and deadlifts but id like to have a coach to show me proper form.
    also my holidays are soon, so the gym will be put on hold for 2 weeks after tomorrow

Don't worry about your weight so soon into this.

Also, the mass builder. If I were you, I'd forget it. Filled to the brim with sugars for calories. Do yourself a favour and make your own.

Milk
    Oats- You can buy them blended for 11e online for 5kg.
    Protein powder
    Peanut butter
    Banana.

Healthy, effective and probably cheaper. Go crazy with it. Add frozen strawberries, berries. Anything into a blender and work away. It's all about taste and at least this way you'll never get bored of them with new flavours.

Best of luck with this.

Advertisement