Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tyres.....

• 30-08-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

i've a near new BT023 on the rear of my triumph, i'm not happy with the BT020 on the front despite keeping an eye on pressures its scalloped like mad, this is according to google a common fault with bridgestones, withh this in mind i've a choice of the new T30 or a mich pr3 i was wondering if i'd be better sticking to the matched manufacters or would i not notice the difference if i went with the PR3?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Go with Metzellers & you'll not go far wrong...just my two cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah the new Mets Z8's are getting very positive reviews. Lad of here got them on his blackbird and cant fault them. I personally would not match tyres on the front and back from different company's, then again I am new to bikes and don't have the same experience as you "owl' fellas" with riding anything anywhere. I like to know everything is 100% especially on the front tyre.

Had PR3's and PR2's and there is no real difference in the dry but the 3's are better in the wet I found.... Trade off is that the 3's are a softer compound and wont last as long especially on the bigger heavier bikes. I currently run PR3 on the front and a new PR2 on the back. Only reason is that the PR3 on the front is fine and I needed a new back so I went with the PR2 for the miles.

When its time to get a new set I will go with the Z8's or the Pirelli Angel ST's/GT's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i think i'm going with the BT30 front, its the newer version of the BT23, the softness of the PR3's are putting me off. the BT23 i have on threar is a great tyre, 2000 miles in and no sign of it squaring off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

well i finally made my mind up in the shop... i went with the new T30 sport tourer,as recommended by the ron haslam race school! (and on the advice of the mechanic who said stick to same manufacters!!

Advertisement