Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern Munich v Chelsea, UEFA Super Cup, k/o 7:45pm SS1/UTV/RTE

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Maybe he doesn't like being owned by Pep. His ego is just too big. He can't contemplate the fact that he's just not the best.

I don't know what your definition of "owned" is but I'd be curious to hear it. Bayern scored with like 4 seconds to go and ended up winning on penalties. It took a hail mary cross and ricochet for the goal to finally come. Hardly tactical genius.

A term like "Owned" should surely be reserved for the spanking they gave Barca last year.....sans Pep I might add.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

karma ,,,,,:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

As much as I dont like Luiz, respected how quick he was over to Lukaku consoling him.

tell-lies.jpg

everyone loves luiz come off it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Surely that is Mata gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Has jose always been afraid to go for the win? Tonight he made no changes before the red. Or is it that he doesn't trust his subs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Kirby wrote: »
    I don't know what your definition of "owned" is but I'd be curious to hear it. Bayern scored with like 4 seconds to go and ended up winning on penalties. It took a hail mary cross and ricochet for the goal to finally come. Hardly tactical genius.

A term like "Owned" should surely be reserved for the spanking they gave Barca last year.....sans Pep I might add.

so the hail mary cross wasnt tactical genius and the 9-0-0 formation was??

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Chelsea obviously the far superior team tonight. Complete travesty that they lost to such an inferior team; a team that could actually dare to feature a failed Chelsea player such as Robben. Mourinho has certainly won tonight in terms of managerial talent and Chelsea leave with their pride intact due to the complete lack of quality from a poor Bayern.

Once again, Chelsea prove to be the greatest team in Europe beyond a shadow of a doubt. Subtle tactics from the offset. Clearly, the only reason Ramires could ever get his game for Chelsea in the face of such serious competition for mid-field places is if he was supposed to get sent off. Come on, it's not like he actually has any ability.

Bayern were lacklustre, despite pressuring Chelsea for over 120 minutes and actually playing better football and just being all-round a more admirable footballing team. Chelsea are the Kings and or Queens of Europe and that's all that counts.

I think I'm about ready to kill myself. I hate football. Go Bayern and or Chelsea! Schweinmata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Headshot wrote: »
    Surely that is Mata gone now

3/1 to leave before the window is over if you fancy it. He's going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

BM lacked incision through the middle. You could almost predict exactly where each move would go (spread wide to the left), and how it would end (Ribery coming onto his right and shooting/crossing for the far post).

That said, I thought Chelsea were absolutely awful. I have never bought into this myth that 10-man defending deep, hit teams on the break, football should be the stuff of any praise. It's Martin O'Neill football, with less long balls. If Chelsea fans are happy with this complete capitulation of a performance, then it really shows how seduced they are by JM. A team with those players at its disposal should be taking the game to any other club in the world, not playing like North Korea did against Brazil in the world cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I only caught the last half hour and extra time but did lahm start in midfield again? Playing him there is ****ing stupid and a waste of the best full back in the world period.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    BM lacked incision through the middle. You could almost predict exactly where each move would go (spread wide to the left), and how it would end (Ribery coming onto his right and shooting/crossing for the far post).

That said, I thought Chelsea were absolutely awful. I have never bought into this myth that 10-man defending deep, hit teams on the break, football should be the stuff of any praise. It's Martin O'Neill football, with less long balls. If Chelsea fans are happy with this complete capitulation of a performance, then it really shows how seduced they are by JM. A team with those players at its disposal should be taking the game to any other club in the world, not playing like North Korea did against Brazil in the world cup.

is that because

a) chelsea comp[acted the midfield directly on front of their back 4 in order to break down any play going through the center and that is the reason why yellow cards and free kicks where practically the game

or

b) Ribery is the european player of the year, their talisman and is very very talented. they used ribery the same way real madrid use ronaldo, barca use messi, united use rvp, liverpool use suarez and arsenal use hig sua roo ben flamini.

jesus to think that people clammered for this depressing type of football to be brought back to the premiership. i mean the special one my arse he is just tony pulis with an accent. he won a weak champions league year with a great porto side. he won the premiership when he was gifted players at the owners wild imagination. he won the seire a when the rest of the league was at its weakest. he did a great job with madrid considering he was against the best side of that mini-era but again he was in a two team league with players like kaka who are on 250k a week. jose is a great manager no doubt but he is nothing more than the ego one or the over rated one. he plays anti-football just like stoke. the difference is he has more expensive players to play the system. chelsea are doing this whole not spending crazy anymore(we'll see how long that lasts) but unless they spend jose will be gone in 3 years without winning a single trophy

there is nothing special about this chelsea side

klose wrote: »
    I only caught the last half hour and extra time but did lahm start in midfield again? Playing him there is ****ing stupid and a waste of the best full back in the world period.

i guess its because he is a great tackler and he is mobile. also they have another 2 great full backs. id say the idea was to break down the threat of chelseas attacking mids like hazard and lamps especially

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Paulegend wrote: »
    is that because

a) chelsea comp[acted the midfield directly on front of their back 4 in order to break down any play going through the center and that is the reason why yellow cards and free kicks where practically the game

or

b) Ribery is the european player of the year, their talisman and is very very talented. they used ribery the same way real madrid use ronaldo, barca use messi, united use rvp, liverpool use suarez and arsenal use hig sua roo ben flamini.

jesus to think that people clammered for this depressing type of football to be brought back to the premiership. i mean the special one my arse he is just tony pulis with an accent. he won a weak champions league year with a great porto side. he won the premiership when he was gifted players at the owners wild imagination. he won the seire a when the rest of the league was at its weakest. he did a great job with madrid considering he was against the best side of that mini-era but again he was in a two team league with players like kaka who are on 250k a week. jose is a great manager no doubt but he is nothing more than the ego one or the over rated one. he plays anti-football just like stoke. the difference is he has more expensive players to play the system. chelsea are doing this whole not spending crazy anymore(we'll see how long that lasts) but unless they spend jose will be gone in 3 years without winning a single trophy

You make some very valid points.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

is that because

or

That's complete rubbish and you know it. It's a shame to see these forums degenerated by such rabid and inaccurate posts but I suppose this is the world we live in.

Mourinho's style of football is not the same as Barca's. That's beyond doubt. Barca play very good football; they're on a par with Brazilian football in terms of their style and technique. None of that is in doubt. The problem comes when idiots come along and say that anyone who can beat Brazil/Barcelona are in some way offending the principles of football.

Barca have relied on diving forwards and midfielders for years to make their team work. Real are no better; nor is any team in the premiership. They're all diving, thieving cunts, and that's all they'll always be. You can play for the most venerable Liverpool, Man Utd, Arse., or Chelsea, you can pinpoint the divers from 10 games away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

is that because

or

And what of that 2nd champions league he won ?

Silly silly post , i haven't the time nor the effort to reply to this

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »

then im not replying to this;)

of course most of what i said was exadgerated but he is just the portugese tony pulis. he puts out similar type players(obviously more upper market)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Last season I thought Chelsea had a talented side but some of the league games and certainly the Champions League campaign showed that it lacked a bit of steel and know how. Mourinho, in a short space of time, has got them playing as a real Mourinho team.
    This is what makes me fear for Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Soby wrote: »

I don't agree that JM is entirely negative, his teams score lots of goals against weaker teams but he can be conservative against the big teams the 2nd CL he won being a case in point.

Inter's CL win was awful. I was cheering them on at the time because it felt like they were huge underdogs especially against Barcelona but really the way they played that year was very ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

the_monkey wrote: »
    Disgusting
    Robbed
    Robbed
    Robbed
    We deserved it after that performance with 10 men
    Pep is some nasty piece of work

Give me Pep any day over:
    John Terry
    Ashley Cole
    Frank Lampard
    Jose Mouriniho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Zico wrote: »
    I don't agree that JM is entirely negative, his teams score lots of goals against weaker teams but he can be conservative against the big teams the 2nd CL he won being a case in point.

Inter's CL win was awful. I was cheering them on at the time because it felt like they were huge underdogs especially against Barcelona but really the way they played that year was very ugly.

In the final against Bayern Munich they were the better side, against Chelsea over two legs they were the better side, only against Barca were they "outplayed" and even then the first leg at the San Siro was tactically perfect from Mourinho's point of view.

• Advertisement

whats wrong with Lampard? The man is a great pro

meh over reacting tbh.

The last one made me laugh tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

1:15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

is that because

or

I dunno about that. Hazard and Mata are fairly special.

Essien wrote: »
    So what's wrong with Lampard is actually sweet fcuk all then?
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    [/B]

I dunno about that. Hazard and Mata are fairly special.

hazard is class to be fair. the guy would walk into any premiership side. mata is a one trick pony. great at what he does but i think that he can at times be talked up so much that people start to believe the guy has walked on water when in fact he just lost the ball in the final third for taking a touch too much. now im not bashing the guy i think for a lot of teams he would be their main man but that been said i think his talents are a little exaggerated. not looking to argue that. its the same as the whole who is better gerrard lamps or scholes. different people have different opinions so better to leave that cage closed.

but apart from that mata isnt even part of the chelsea side anymore

now im not chelsea bashing they have great players. id love to have cahill hazard and even lukaku at liverpool but great players dont make a special team(see galacticos). most (football loving)fans of other teams would hate jose to manage their sides. he is extremly negative. his champions league win with inter has to be one of the most boring teams in the history of football. they deserved to beat bayern that year though as they where just diving all over the place. but jose cant even bitch about that(see drogs robben etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cruel? It was a stupid run-up and soft tap into the keepers arms.

Not cruel. Dumb.

Or maybe he was a bag of nerves and totally fluffed the whole thing, including the run up.

Shouldn't have been tasked with taking such a decisive penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

most (football loving)fans of other teams would hate jose to manage their sides. he is extremly negative.

Every club and it's fans ultimately want success above all else, if you think otherwise you're just wrong. At the end if the day winning will be remembered sooner than pretty football. The only time style comes anywhere close to substance is when you have the likes of Barca recently who offer both. 99.99% of professional football clubs don't fall into that bracket, Liverpool included, pop into the superthread there and ask them if they'd prefer pretty football or trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Panthro wrote: »
    So you don't like Lampard because he enjoys a few brews and has a political point of view?
    Stone the flaming crows!:pac:

In all fairness he's a footballer. The Human equivalent of a dancing monkey. He gets paid a fortune to play football. I don't care what he thinks. Here's the money, now dance monkey, dance.

In all fairness he's a footballer. The Human equivalent of a dancing monkey. He gets paid a fortune to play football. I don't care what he thinks. Here's the money, now dance monkey, dance.

No, he's a professional. And just like any other professional, he's good at his what he does. and just like any professional, he gets paid for it.
    By your logic every professional who specializes/excels at something is nothing more than a dancing monkey. Quite the logic you got there.
    Disliking a footballer because he was caught having a few brews and has an interest in politics, well that's just plain oul daft IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Panthro wrote: »
    No, he's a professional. And just like any other professional, he's good at his what he does. and just like any professional, he gets paid for it.
    By your logic every professional who specializes/excels at something is nothing more than a dancing monkey. Quite the logic you got there.
    Disliking a footballer because he was caught having a few brews and has an interest in politics, well that's just plain oul daft IMO.

Ah me arse. Footballer, kicks ball, scores goal, we cheer. After that they're less usefull than a fish tank in a desert .You go mass respecting all the footballers you want. I'll just keep shouting dance.

Ah me arse. Footballer, kicks ball, scores goal, we cheer. After that they're less usefull than a fish tank in a desert .You go mass respecting all the footballers you want. I'll just keep shouting dance.

So you think Lampard would be pretty unintelligent then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

After that they're less usefull than a fish tank in a desert .

Full or empty fish tank ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

After that they're less useful than a fish tank in a desert .

I don't know, a fish tank has water. Water is pretty useful to have in a desert, even if you can't drink it. You could always eat the fish too. Freshwater fish tank would be pretty awesome thing to have in a desert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Jernal wrote: »
    I don't know, a fish tank has water. Water is pretty useful to have in a desert, even if you can't drink it. You could always eat the fish too. Freshwater fish tank would be pretty awesome thing to have in a desert.

He doesn't specify whether the fish tank is filled with water however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Please lock this thread.....please.

He doesn't specify whether the fish tank is filled with water however.

He also failed to specify the size and nature of the desert.

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    Please lock this thread.....please.

On topic please. ;)

Did Pep give any interview after the game? The guy speaks fluent English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Neuer is mad in the head. :P

sTT.gif

Advertisement