Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwood Flooring Costs

Options
  • 30-08-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what a carpenter might charge for putting down wooden floors? We're considering putting hardwood floors down in the sitting room (27m2) and hall (20m2). Also want to put down laminate/semi solid in 3 bedrooms (rang from 15m2 to 20m2). House is currently at a builders finish so no existing flooring to rip up. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Corbally

Don't know if you got this sorted yet. I used to labour for hardwood floor guys. If my memory is right 8 or 9 years ago it was €15/sq m for hardwood floor and a bit cheaper for laminate, id imagine you'd get it a good bit cheaper now. For 2 guys there is probable 3 days work in it if they are doing a proper sub floor so I'd say €600 +

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what a carpenter might charge for putting down wooden floors? We're considering putting hardwood floors down in the sitting room (27m2) and hall (20m2). Also want to put down laminate/semi solid in 3 bedrooms (rang from 15m2 to 20m2). House is currently at a builders finish so no existing flooring to rip up. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Generally runs at around €18/m2 plus vat for floors. Two guys for 2 days I would have most of it done. I had a similar job done a few years ago throughout the ground floor of a property (hardwood walnut) and two guys had it done in under 2 days including plying out and skirting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Hi.
    Am looking to get hardwood, or possibly semi/solid-dark oak or walnut flooring on my ground floor.

Any reccomendations for where to buy? Some of the prices quoted above seem very low.

Advertisement