Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help

Options
  • 30-08-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys

Looking for a bit of advice here, at the start of the year, I was made redundant in my job, and after 4 months unemployed have gotten a new job at significantly less income (earning just above min wage atm). I've been paying my loans as expected every month, but I'm struggling to make ends meet towards the end of the month. This has been fine as my other half has been helping out with the essentials like food, petrol etc.. That's all well and good until she was told that come Sep 7th she will no longer have employment. 

Each month I'm paying out to BOIF and another loan with BOI which I took out before the job was gone. Totaling 364 Euro each month. While this amount is not much it would certainly help with ensuring we have food on the table and a car to get to work.  

What I was looking to do is to defer the payment for a few months (or just even 1 month) until she can find another job (or I can find a better job). I called BOIF earlier today and asked them what to do and they told me there is nothing they can do until the account goes into arrears? Which I don't see how that's possible since it's a Direct Debit. I was told to write to the bank head office and explain the situation, but that's not really helpful. 

I'm constantly hearing that the banks want to help customers but from my experience today it doesn't seem to be that way. 

Please help me out. 

Warmest Regards
    J.S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi JS

Sorry to hear about the situation you find yourself in. 

We realise you have spoken to someone in BOIF but we would urge you to make an appointment with a Customer Advisor in your branch. 

They can discuss your needs with a view to better accommodating your financial situation going forward. 

You can find your branch contact details here 

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

Advertisement