Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Swim Sessions

Options
  • 30-08-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi All

Two slot have opened up for our swim sessions on a Monday night in Tallaght.

If anyone has any interest in trying them out to build for next season PM me.

Background - I am a level 1 Tri coach. Swam competitively from the age of about (8-12 and then) 17 to 22 and PB's of 1.58 for 200m free to 17.05 for 1500m free. IM swim PB at 52mins and around 20mins for Olympic distance swim in my current condition. Switched to triathlon about 12 years ago.

I have been coaching this session for about a year and have had positive feedback and results. (Some of the guys from boards go or have gone (they can endorse if they like!).

Structure of the session is 45mins at 9pm in Tallaght. We will do short warm up, some kick, drills, main set and cool down. Main priority is to get the technique dialled in and see the improvements. We will do 400m TTs every couple of months to track progress.

Cost is €40 for each 4 week block.

Two requirements:
    1. Be a TI member.
    2. Be able to swim 400m in c7mins (or be able to hold say 10x100 off c1.40-2mins with 30s rest between them)

The numbers are limited to 6 to enable quality feedback so that is why I try and keep similar abilities.

Any questions give me a shout.

Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Should have said - you don't need to be Phoenix member or join Phoenix but of course we are open for new members. 5 of us doing IM Frankfurt next year and will be aiming for times from c9.30 through to sub 12 so if you are looking for a training group give us a shout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've gone a bit slow...next time you have space I'll be in with bells on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

I can certainly recommend Tango's sessions. Very enjoyable and great to get the feedback from such an experienced coach. The main set is always short but sharp! Great bang for your buck (and time) IMO :cool:

Advertisement