Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy food..evening meal / breakfast

Options
  • 30-08-2013 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just looking for healthy places to eat in galway

Any suggestions and links welcome

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It really depends on your definition "healthy restarant food" but
    Food for Thought, Abbeygate
    Kai, Sea Road
    Kappa-Ya and Wa Cafe do sushi, probably the healthiest I can think of
    Any place that does salads (no salad dressing for you ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

biko wrote: »
    It really depends on your definition "healthy restarant food" but
    Food for Thought, Abbeygate
    Kai, Sea Road
    Kappa-Ya and Wa Cafe do sushi, probably the healthiest I can think of
    Any place that does salads (no salad dressing for you ;))

mixgreens or don't McDonald's do salads

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

high cafe could fall under the healthy category unless you order something that does go against your definition of healthy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Was in the museum cafe today down by the spanish arch. Seriously nice and very healthy food. Opening times on the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/KitchenGalway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Costello's

• Advertisement

Food for thought Abbeygate Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Charcoal and a run out the prom and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Gourmet tart? Love their deli !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

May as get the two most popular Galway topics out of the way. Just cycle to Boojum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

There's a place opposite the hospital called Mama Bia. I haven't actually eaten there but as far as I know it's very vegan/vegetarian friendly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

you can get healthy food whatever restaurant you go to - it up to you to choose wisely. Even McDonalds do salads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Orange cafe on St Augustine street is lovely and healthy. You can make your own salads with or minus dressings. They do lovely baked potatoes aswell. Cheap too! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

you can get healthy food whatever restaurant you go to - it up to you to choose wisely. Even McDonalds do salads.

It depends what people mean by 'healthy' I suppose. To some it is organic and natural ingredients (which would maybe rule out Mc Ds salad ingredients!), but to others it could mean veggie.
    Again there's plenty of veggie food that isn't healthy (chips!). So yeah, not everywhere, but you can make choices based on that.
    Kai and Ard Bia use a lot of local organic ingredients. Townhouse serve some hearty salads with plenty of fresh veggies and also 'hearty'. Boojum have lots of fresh veg ingredients and you can avoid the refried beans and dairy.
    Bon appetit!

Advertisement