Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear bag

Options
  • 30-08-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Is there any where in Ireland to get Heavy sand ... Zircon or chromite???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Try a local sand or shot blaster works??:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Just buy one of tab gear's ones and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭td5

Dog gone good bag for me. Top quality lifetime warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

OK,

maybe I should explain a little more ...

I've gotten myself a Protektor rear Bag, like this one LINK

It's for shooting long range ... FTR ... and I'm looking for heavy sand in Ireland instead of ordering it in from the UK and spending a fortune on shipping...

Note:

Heavy sand is the generic name for mineral sands that possess a high specific gravity. There are a variety of types on earth. However, the two types normally used to fill sand bags are zircon, which is zirconium silicate, and chromite, which is iron chromium oxide. Both are mined throughout the world and used in a variety of industrial applications, including the manufacture of fire-resistant materials (zircon) and production of stainless steel (chromite). The term heavy sand comes from the fact that these materials are almost twice as heavy as the play sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

OK,

maybe I should explain a little more ...

I've gotten myself a Protektor rear Bag, like this one LINK

It's for shooting long range ... FTR ... and I'm looking for heavy sand in Ireland instead of ordering it in from the UK and spending a fortune on shipping...

Note:

Heavy sand is the generic name for mineral sands that possess a high specific gravity. There are a variety of types on earth. However, the two types normally used to fill sand bags are zircon, which is zirconium silicate, and chromite, which is iron chromium oxide. Both are mined throughout the world and used in a variety of industrial applications, including the manufacture of fire-resistant materials (zircon) and production of stainless steel (chromite). The term heavy sand comes from the fact that these materials are almost twice as heavy as the play sand.

Now you tell us uneducated plebs what you want.

I find if I put some hardcore, cement and water through the sand it gets heavy enough in about 4 hours. :p:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zulu_dawn

fish,

not heavy heavy but i use silica sand
    i sieve it and compact it
    i can bring a scoop of same to range - if your there Sunday for league final?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Hi mate we have aluminium oxide very fine pretty heavy if this is any good let me know.

Advertisement