Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used Fiverr?

• 30-08-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here used Fiverr? I want to hire this guy http://fiverr.com/om2000_cuet

to fix a PHP error on my blog. Can I trust them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

I used it once. The guy never did what i paid him to do, and when i brought the matter up with Fiverr, they said they could do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I used it once to get Dropbox space increased. Guy did it within the hour. Think you can see people's feedback, just go with high feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

You don't have much to loose, do ya? It's only a fiver. If he fixes it, which I expect he will, you get a bargain, if not, a fiver isn't the end of the world.
    My experience with the site isn't good. The level of English most users have makes getting things done quite difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Mister Man wrote: »
    My experience with the site isn't good. The level of English most users have makes getting things done quite difficult.

What do you expect with a website that spells fiver with an extra r!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hatchmedia

I had a couple of logos designed for me. All of the people delivered within the timeframe they said they would but the quality wasn't that great. All of them ignored what I asked them to do (colours, font types etc) and chose their own instead.

But as the above says it only a fiver (4 euro at the time) so I won't be losing any sleep over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Have you tried Odesk?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hatchmedia

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Have you tried Odesk?

Not personally but the quality of work on offer seems far superior. But so are the prices.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've used fiverr dozens of times. Brilliant site. Occasionally someone does not perform but you can get your money back - usually its incredible value...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I've used it many times, but mostly got crap out of it.

Never trust anyone on jobs like this. Especially if you cannot trace them down easily.
    PM me with info what you need done, I'll do it for free with no access to your files (if possible).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Hi,

I've posted a link below to the issue I am having. It's a minor one to do with WordPress and Instapaper/Pocket but it's an annoyance all the same.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/yoast-and-pocketinstapaper?replies=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I'll look into it when I get home

Advertisement