Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the deadline for pulling out without having to pay extra fees?

• 30-08-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I took up Finance in UCC this year that I am not happy with (dont ask me why its on my CAO). What is the deadline for pulling out of UCC without having to pay extra fees?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭JeremyH

It's normally end-of-October but you should confirm by contacting the admissions office.

There was a scheme put in place last year that would allow a limited number of students to transfer to another course choice on their CAO form if they had sufficient points. You should look into this. Noirin Deady - the first year experience coordinator - will have details on this.

We had 3 students transfer into BIS from other courses in the first few weeks last year via this mechanism. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 liamag

JeremyH wrote: »
    It's normally end-of-October but you should confirm by contacting the admissions office.

There was a scheme put in place last year that would allow a limited number of students to transfer to another course choice on their CAO form if they had sufficient points. You should look into this. Noirin Deady - the first year experience coordinator - will have details on this.

We had 3 students transfer into BIS from other courses in the first few weeks last year via this mechanism. Good luck.

Does this scheme allow you to transfer to another university? and can you start the new course straight away or do you have to take a year out and start the course the following year?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭JeremyH

liamag wrote: »
    Does this scheme allow you to transfer to another university? and can you start the new course straight away or do you have to take a year out and start the course the following year?

You transfer in the first few weeks so you start straight away and don't have to take a year out.

As far as I know this only applies to UCC courses. You'd be far better off calling the admissions office and asking them rather than asking a question like this on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

It is the end of October - its very hard to transfer to another university, simply because courses can be filled with the second round offers. Have a chat to someone in admissions, but I think that you will probably have to reapply to the university next year.

Why aren't you happy with finance as an option, and what course are you thinking of going doing instead???

Advertisement