Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My desperate attempt to motivate myself

Options
  • 30-08-2013 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Occupational therapy is the goal! 530 points would be ideal but perhaps not so realistic. Didn't do a tap of long term study last year so I'm hoping a good solid year of work will make up for that. Somehow I managed to cram my way to 510 points in the summer exams. Just wish all that information commited itself to my memory :(
    Subjects:
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    Spanish
    Home Ec
    Business
    Biology

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 arctic enthusiast

Should probably mention that all above subjects above are higher except maths and the grades I'm hoping to achieve are as follows: English B2, Irish B1, Biology A1, Home Ec B1, Business A1, Spanish B2. Don't particularly care about maths but one of the other courses I'm considering requires a min. B3 I think but that shouldn't be difficult as I got a B at higher JC.

Hoping to do
    ➡ 2 long questions in business
    ➡ an Irish essay
    ➡ vitamins in home ec
    ➡ 2 Seamus Heaney poems
    ➡ a Spanish letter
    ➡ learn vocab for health and food in Spanish
    ➡ write out section one biology definitions and learn
    ➡ maths homework

Feel so disheartened right now. Feels like time is just slipping away and it's only the third week. So frustrating!!! How are you ment to study and revise on top of the copious amounts of homework which is being piled on???? Three weeks have past and I have nothing to show for them, despite spending all my free time in my study room attempting to keep up to date with h.w. Aaaaaahhhh. Rant over. I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

The way i see it homework is/is as good as study. I'm not gonna beat myself up if I can't do 3 hours of study because I got 2 hours of homework. So long as you're putting the work in somewhere

In the middle of my 'Mocktobers' and I'm getting the wake up call I need. So far the exams aren't going terrible but they're not great either. It's gonna be a long year.

• Advertisement

Got some results back from my ore- mocks
    Business A1
    Biology A2
    Maths A1 OL
    English B3

so far surprisingly happy, especially with English.

Irish B1
    Home Ec B1
    Spanish B3

It's been a long time since I last posted! Unfortunately my attempt at studying and revising has been pathetic so far.. BUT this weekend I'm going to hit the books hard!!! Come at me!!
    On the to do list:
    SATURDAY
    Geibheann Q
    Maidhc Dainin Q
    Macbeth Q
    Yeats Q
    reproduction, immune system and viruses
    SUNDAY
    fruit, veg, vitamins
    Homework
    Cell structure

Wish me luck!!

Ps.: occupational therapy just seems so unrealistic right now so I am at a total loss what to do! Teaching perhaps?? Just don't know!

Advertisement