Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Internet cafes left standing in Athlone?

Options
  • 30-08-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

The net cafe is long closed, and the other one in Irishtown seems to have closed shop too. Anything left besides the library?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I think there's one up near the Dean Crowe, looks like one anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

The place on Dublingate street is still there I think, Bishop Business Ventures. They only have a few computers in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

How about the library?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NR04

The place on Dublingate Street is still there, although they will do anything to try and rip you off. I paid €4.50 to use the internet for an hour. He came up to me after 30mins and told me my hour was up. I corrected him and stayed the full hour.

I think i seen a new place near the St Vincent de Paul shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Hah, spot on about Dublingate Street, they tried to rip me off as well and I won't be going back. Gob****es. Thanks for the responses

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Yeah that would be the biztop crowd. I don't see much of a market in Athlone for an Internet Café, unless you need printing and copying.

Itzy wrote: »
    Yeah that would be the biztop crowd. I don't see much of a market in Athlone for an Internet Café, unless you need printing and copying.
    Internet cafes are nearly a thing of the past now anyway. More people have broadband at home now compared to 7 years ago so there's obviously not much demand.

Anyone remember e-Fusion across from the road from the college beside Charlie Browns? I wasted too many hours in there playing Counter-Strike Source and Battlefield 2 with my classmates. #Nostalgia

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Or anyone else remember the computers in Chartbusters in Golden Island?

flazio wrote: »
    Or anyone else remember the computers in Chartbusters in Golden Island?
    Yep, used to go in there sometimes but would never stay too long. Was mostly full of teenage girls going on Bebo... 3 to a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Yep, used to go in there sometimes but would never stay too long. Was mostly full of teenage girls going on Bebo... 3 to a computer.

Ah yes, that was it's main function, the emergency bebo access station.
    I do remember that café across from the college, got some serious gaming machines from Alienware in Blyry if I remember correctly, may even have been run by them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Anywhere near the college you can do some printing? Surely the no 1 function of a net cafe nowadays is for printing out tickets for online bookings? Im getting a bus and a flight and I need to print out the ticket for both. I know there is a printer in the parmacy for printing photos? In a pinch could I convert my tickets to images and get them printed there?

Edit: I think i will go with the photo printing option. Seems like the easiest.

Advertisement