Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Seekers Allowance Waiting time Limerick

• 30-08-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the Current waiting times are for approval of JSA in Limerick.

I submitted my application on the 14th of August, had an appointment for Means test on the 28th and I submitted all the information that was necessary.

The girl told me i would be waiting a few weeks for my decision but would not clarify how long I would actually have to wait.

I am 26 year old living at home with parents

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Dont know what it is now but when I had to apply for mine it was more than 5 weeks before I heard about my claim. Also since your over 25 your parents income is not considered in your claim so if you dont have any other source if income you should get the full amount.

Keep looking for work so they wont be hounding you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Redsky

I applied for it in June, got the interview on the first of August. Was told it'd be the start of September before seeing a payment. Still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Plus be prepared to make it look like YOU did something wrong if you are unemployed when you go into the dole office. I suppose it's a good incentive to get out of there again! Shouldn't complain really as you are getting free money. But I'd love to wonder if the likes of the Dundons get called in for interviews about looking for work....

seachto7 wrote: »
    Plus be prepared to make it look like YOU did something wrong if you are unemployed when you go into the dole office. I suppose it's a good incentive to get out of there again! Shouldn't complain really as you are getting free money. But I'd love to wonder if the likes of the Dundons get called in for interviews about looking for work....

It's not free if he has been working before. Mine definitely wasn't free at the time. I was waiting roughly 7 weeks before I got anything this time last year. Mine wasn't in limerick city though. My local S W office was in newcastle west. I've heard they're quicker than the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It took about 2 weeks for me last year, but that was JB and not JA. It was a bit of hassle getting my tax back in January. Trying to get a statement of payment out of them was painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

There is always an increase in new claims around this time of year, as the tourist season winds down and those seasonal workers are out of work again. So be prepared for a longer than usual wait.

If you're not getting any payment at the moment, go see your Community Welfare Officer. They can give you a bridging payment to tide you over until your full means test is done (they do a much simpler assessment of your current weekly means, rather than the more in-depth one for Jobseeker's Allowance).

If you want any other information on your entitlements, I would suggest the Citizens Information Centre on Catherine St or their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Redsky

Thought I'd write back here in case OP is getting worried...
    Getting first payment on Friday. A total wait of two and a half months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

Does anyone know what the Current waiting times are for approval of JSA in Limerick.

I submitted my application on the 14th of August, had an appointment for Means test on the 28th and I submitted all the information that was necessary.

The girl told me i would be waiting a few weeks for my decision but would not clarify how long I would actually have to wait.

I am 26 year old living at home with parents

Hi OP. just wondering if you got sorted? I submitted all my forms on sept 2nd and had interview on sept 17th The woman said I'd hear back 10 days later but still nothing. Did you get sorted?

Advertisement