Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopardstown to Aviva?

Options
  • 30-08-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Im staying in Bewleys ,Leopardstown next friday for the Ireland/Sweden game.
    Whats the best way to get there and back on public transport?
    Kick off is 7.45 and ill have two young kids with me so want to keep walking to a minimum.
    (wouldnt mind stopping for a pint near the stadium either)

Id rather not pay for a taxi either.

Comments

Im staying in Bewleys ,Leopardstown next friday for the Ireland/Sweden game.
    Whats the best way to get there and back on public transport?
    Kick off is 7.45 and ill have two young kids with me so want to keep walking to a minimum.
    (wouldnt mind stopping for a pint near the stadium either)

Id rather not pay for a taxi either.

They usually do buses. Give them a call.

http://www.bewleyshotels.com/leopardstown/concerts_shuttlebus/

If not, walk down to the Luas stop and go as far as Charlemont and walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

foreign wrote: »
    They usually do buses. Give them a call.

http://www.bewleyshotels.com/leopardstown/concerts_shuttlebus/

If not, walk down to the Luas stop and go as far as Charlemont and walk from there.
    Thanks Foreign,is it much of a walk from Charlemont to the Aviva?
    L

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Thanks Foreign,is it much of a walk from Charlemont to the Aviva?
    L

It's a half an hour walk at least, more with young kids! I would get into town then get the dart from Pearse station to lansdowne road, it's literally right beside the stadium. It's about a 15 min walk from Stephens Green luas stop to Pearse.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It's a half an hour walk at least, more with young kids! I would get into town then get the dart from Pearse station to lansdowne road, it's literally right beside the stadium. It's about a 15 min walk from Stephens Green luas stop to Pearse.

Or just get the bus from Nassau Street. Routes 4,7 & 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 47 bus may be of use, particularly if you are in the East, North or South Stands.

It operates along Leopardstown Road and will take you directly to Sandymount and Irishtown - you can get off at Londonbridge Road for access to the entrances.

Timetable is here:
    http://dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/471/

Allow about 5 minutes for the bus to get to the stop opposite Bewleys Hotel from the terminus at Belarmine. The 17:30 departure from Belarmine should have you down there for about 18:15 or so, leaving you time for a pint!

Fare is €2.40 for adults and €1.25 for children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

ceadaoin. wrote: »

It's not a half hour walk tbh.

5-7 mins to leeson street bridge..another 5-7 mins to baggot st bridge and then 5-7 mins to the aviva.

Although depending on how young the kids are it could take longer.

mfceiling wrote: »
    It's not a half hour walk tbh.

5-7 mins to leeson street bridge..another 5-7 mins to baggot st bridge and then 5-7 mins to the aviva.

Although depending on how young the kids are it could take longer.

Far easier to take the 47 bus I would suggest if there are kids involved.

Again the 47 is easier and cheaper - one bus all the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

lxflyer wrote: »
    Again the 47 is easier and cheaper - one bus all the way!!
    The 47 bus it is so.
    Thanks all of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

I'm new to this and was just wondering if it's possible to get into the match after kick off? Me and my friend are travelling from Clare and the bus will get in at 7:30 by Trinity, with the match kicking off at 7:45 I was just wondering will we still be okay to get in? Can't get an earlier bus due to work..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yeah you'll get in no problem, people are always arriving late. Though you're really looking at only catching the second half by the time you get another bus and get into the ground (might be a blessing in disguise!)

Advertisement