Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnstown broadband availability

Options
  • 30-08-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what broadband options are available in Johnstown, Co. Kildare. From what I understand, UPC don't supply the area (although TV is available), and it also doesn't appear to be prioritised by Eircom. Their Fibre-buildout map has Johnstown as a gaping hole between Naas and Kill. I can't seem to find much further information online.

Anybody living in Johnstown, or otherwise in the know, willing to share their experiences/knowledge?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

I only know what you've said. Is Sky Broadband an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sky Broadband = Eircom Broadband. It is not satellite delivered. They can only offer what Eircom can, anywhere.

UPC TV in that area is MMDS, not wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

hognef wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering what broadband options are available in Johnstown, Co. Kildare. From what I understand, UPC don't supply the area (although TV is available), and it also doesn't appear to be prioritised by Eircom. Their Fibre-buildout map has Johnstown as a gaping hole between Naas and Kill. I can't seem to find much further information online.

Anybody living in Johnstown, or otherwise in the know, willing to share their experiences/knowledge?

Thanks.
    you'll get 3mb eircom or similar

that's best on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

micks wrote: »
    you'll get 3mb eircom or similar

that's best on offer

Thanks. That doesn't sound promising. Is that based on personal experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

ye living there the last 5+ yrs

Doesnt seem to have a great outlook

no predicted timeframe for eircom fibre to arrive

• Advertisement
Advertisement