Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA exams September.

Options
  • 30-08-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey guys, anyone in my position doing QFA exams in a few weeks!? How are you finding the preparation for them!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Hi,

I'm doing Regulations on the 21st. I'm finding its taking me a lot longer to get through the material than I had anticipated. The information is very dense - thankfully some of it I am aware of from my day to day work so that helps.

Not that long left to go really! :eek:

How are you getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

RMC10 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm doing Regulations on the 21st. I'm finding its taking me a lot longer to get through the material than I had anticipated. The information is very dense - thankfully some of it I am aware of from my day to day work so that helps.

Not that long left to go really! :eek:
    How are you getting on?

I'm doing investment the 14th and pensions the week after, will be doing regulation next!! Prep is going good for investment, pensions I think is hard to concentrate on, it's by far the hardest of the four I've done/doing, do you have any help for me!? I'm struggling to open the book!! I'm still in university, have no insight into the modules only through the manuals!! Are you doing it through the lia!?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

I'm doing mine through bankers.

I'm not doing the full QFA. I did loans previously so with regualtions as well I'll have an APA.

I haven't touched investments or pensions so I can't help you in that regard. The only thing I would say is make sure you read the questions properly. The questions can be written / phrased in such a way as to try and trick you. Make sure to try the practice tests to get used to the stlye of questioning.

Its very proactive of you to be doing the exams while still in college. It will definitly make you more attractive when looking for employment.

Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭knick_knack

Hi guys.

How did ye find the exams? I was doing investments myself and found it tough. I've loans and regulations to perhaps try and sit in January but if the material is that dense for regs I'm now wondering if I should split them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

Thanks for the reply RMC10, yes I know what you mean going by last Saturdays exam, there was a lot of trick questions in the paper but overall I think it was fair, adjusting to questions not seen before is difficult also!! I know what you mean there, I'm trying to keep one step ahead of the game really!!

Knick_Knack, someone advised me before who's a qfa just to sit two and two and then regulation and planning last, regulation from what I've heard is very very dense, I think I'd need a few months at that one alone before I sit it!! Loans on the other hand was in my opinion a nice module to study!! Do you need regulation for work!? If not I'd do life assurance and loans!! How'd you think you did in investment overall!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement