Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration and Student Contribution Fee

• 30-08-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if I still have to pay the €1,250 at registration even if I bring in my Application Tracker Statement?

My grant is currently at 'Awaiting Final Assessment' stage since late July and I know I will most likely be rewarded with full student contribution fee grant and no maintenance grant based on the reckonable income limits.

I only received the acceptance letter from IT Carlow today and I'm really confused and worried at the same time as I expected to be simply put on a Temporary Registration until the grant has been approved. But the letter says that this amount will have to be paid and will be then refunded once the grant has been awarded, or am I reading it wrong? It is practically impossible for me or my parents to simply get €1,250 by 9th September and continue living until whatever date SUSI decides to approve my application. I have an awaiting €2,500 in a CSR Education Fund but I doubt that it'll be processed by the end of the week.

What would happen if I'll simply will not be in the financial position to pay the €1,250 on the day of the registration? If only I've got this letter a week earlier it would've been somewhat possible :(

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mac.book

And I also haven't even received the provisional application award from SUSI yet :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Just tell IT Carlow you are waiting on SUSI and can't afford it

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Just tell IT Carlow you are waiting on SUSI and can't afford it

Yeah hopefully they'll understand, I'll give the admission office a call on Monday and see if we can come to an agreement, especially that its just a matter of few extra days for my CSR Fund to be at my disposal.

Cheers ;)

I called the IT Carlow admission office this morning and they said I only have to bring €100 and the application tracker statement ;)

Advertisement