Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CADPAT

• 30-08-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hey guys! A question for those of you who may be in-the-know. I want to get good quality CADPAT BDUs. (As in helikon like quality) I cant seem to get anything that won't cost an arm and a leg to ship here, or else It's of lesser quality. My current set is a bit worse for wear; faded and ripped. An Irish retailer would be ideal, so I could try it on first!

A full set would be ideal; trousers, shirt/ jacket and boonie.

If not, is there any unusual, yet efffective on 'irish grassy terrain' camo I'm missing.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks again!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

Timooo_23 wrote: »
    Hey guys! A question for those of you who may be in-the-know. I want to get good quality CADPAT BDUs. (As in helikon like quality) I cant seem to get anything that won't cost an arm and a leg to ship here, or else It's of lesser quality. My current set is a bit worse for wear; faded and ripped. An Irish retailer would be ideal, so I could try it on first!

If not, is there any unusual, yet efffective on 'irish grassy terrain' camo I'm missing.

Where better to look than Canada ill see can i help bud :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

What's your budget?.

Swedish M90 is nice, atacs foliage green, marpat blends well especially in autumn, plain ole olive drab, french army pattern camo is very similar to Irish army camo. Just a few suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

Budget wise I'm gonna go with "I've been out of the country for two weeks and wages have been untouched"... So I'm going for quality. I like M90 alright. Don't like MARPAT, doesn't work during the summer! French is French :P My Mag belt is OD, and I was planning on Getting an OD rain coat for Irish weather. :)

Thanks for the advice Southern Dandy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Budget wise I'm gonna go with "I've been out of the country for two weeks and wages have been untouched"... So I'm going for quality. I like M90 alright. Don't like MARPAT, doesn't work during the summer! French is French :P My Mag belt is OD, and I was planning on Getting an OD rain coat for Irish weather. :)

Thanks for the advice Southern Dandy

Hmmmmm, ATACS FG?, woodland tri colour, German flektarn, that new take on the vietnam era tiger stripe, British DPM, "Predator" invisibility cloak, Multicabbage (I think multicam is good personally), and if you really really want to blend in, ACU. :)

You probably know the brands, Helikon which you suggested (I found them very good quality but found the pants quite baggy despite the correct waist and length, other brands like propper, TRU-SPEC, Vertyx, Blackhawk, are all well known and have proven track records, and if money is really no object, Crye precision.

Advertisement