Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall - Find Your Roommates

Options
  • 30-08-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Thought I'd start this off seeing as every other college seems to have one...
    My names Jack, I'm going to be studying Law and French and I'm building 85 apartment 4 :)
    *prays he finds roommates*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Psych2013

maybe we should start a facebook group instead...?? I'd say there are more people there than here on boards. More likely to find people!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Psych2013

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jackwilliamson

• Registered Users Posts: 37 HelloFluffy

Did you guys get emails today? I just found my number on the list on the wardens page, no email or anything. Feeling a bit freaked out..

Yeah I did, this evening. But don't worry it says on the top of the page that they're sending out the emails over the next few days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 HelloFluffy

It's just the fact that you're not the first person i've heard saying it, PHEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Justice!

I think this one is the one most people are using atm: https://www.facebook.com/groups/trinityhalljcr201314/

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

How do the numbers work? Is the first number the apartment? What's with the second and third numbers?!!?!?!? What a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Akari

How do the numbers work? Is the first number the apartment? What's with the second and third numbers?!!?!?!? What a mystery.

I think the first number is the building number, second is the apartment number, and the last number is your room number. For example, if you got, say, 80.16.01, you'd be in building 80, apartment no 16, room 1.
    (I'm not certain of this though.)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

The first number is the building. (It goes from 79 - 91).
    The second number is the apartment. (There are 3 apartments on each floor, so 2 would be ground, 11 would be the third floor [counting ground as a floor].)
    The last number is the number of your room. If your room is a twin it'll have an A or B at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Akari

amymak wrote: »
    The first number is the building. (It goes from 79 - 91).
    The second number is the apartment. (There are 3 apartments on each floor, so 2 would be ground, 11 would be the third floor [counting ground as a floor].)
    The last number is the number of your room. If your room is a twin it'll have an A or B at the end.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Just wondering, though- as far as I know, I got into a twin room with my friend (we have the same number), but there's no A or B at the end? :/

Oh, that's my mistake. There's A/B on your door and I assumed it would be on your offer as well. (I didn't have a twin, so my experience with it is dodgy, the other information is sound.) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anjagleich

what are the chances of swapping a single ensuite for a shared room anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daleyford

is it definitely 3 apartments on every floor? in apartment 91 included?

Well there wouldn't be in Cunningham, as that has a totally different system. (That's either house number 79 or 91. Though I think it's 79.) There's also an annexe off one of the buildings, I think 81, which would have a different layout.

oh yea I'm in 91 and its modern ensuite :) so 91.04 would be the first floor, above the ground floor? :)

Daleyford wrote: »
    oh yea I'm in 91 and its modern ensuite :) so 91.04 would be the first floor, above the ground floor? :)

Yes it should be. You're in the big courtyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 marsn

Well there wouldn't be in Cunningham, as that has a totally different system. (That's either house number 79 or 91. Though I think it's 79.) There's also an annexe off one of the buildings, I think 81, which would have a different layout.
    Any idea what floor 79.01 is on and such?

marsn wrote: »
    Any idea what floor 79.01 is on and such?

01 = Ground

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AppetiteFor

01 = Ground

79.01 is not necessarily on the first floor. It refers to the first Cunningham building. It could be any floor, depending on the room number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 gdroom

does anyone know how to pay for halls? getting a little worried..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JillianMul

Anyone still not received an email? My ID is on the list but still haven't heard anything...

gdroom wrote: »
    does anyone know how to pay for halls? getting a little worried..

Same! I called the halls and a security guard called and said it has to be paid online, but i can't find anywhere to pay:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

You get an email confirming your place and a link to the payment site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

87.08?

I don't think anyone has received that invoice which allows us to pay yet though!

No one yet for 85.04? :(

No one yet for 85.04? :(

What are you studying? :)

Is anyone here just 17?
    We actually get this wrist-band which gets us into all the clubs without ID, or so I've been told anyhow! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Richieee

Is anyone here just 17?
    We actually get this wrist-band which gets us into all the clubs without ID, or so I've been told anyhow! :D
    You'll still need ID.

Advertisement