Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall - Find Your Roommates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Richieee wrote: »
    You'll still need ID.

Seemingly not. According to a JCR officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Richieee

Seemingly not. According to a JCR officer.
    Just speaking from experience of having said wristband.

Richieee wrote: »
    Just speaking from experience of having said wristband.

Oh really?
    That's what I initially thought but he said otherwise. Damn! Disappointed again....

EDIT: My friend had this last year too and said you didn't need ID

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

It would depend on the bouncer. Some may let you in, but last year you were asked for it.

amymak wrote: »
    It would depend on the bouncer. Some may let you in, but last year you were asked for it.

Oh no.... so is it worth me buying the band then? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Slugabed

Oh no.... so is it worth me buying the band then? :(

I was seventeen in first year, too. Honestly, from my experience, you can bet on being asked for I.D, getting turned away, and having to find your way home alone. Not worth buying the wristband.

It isn't the worst not being able to go out because you will get to know everyone else who's staying in, too. And it's a lot easier to actually make friends in a kitchen over a cup of tea or a few drinks than it is in a club. I was disappointed about not being able to go out in first year, but there is a bright side to it.

Plus, by the end of Freshers' Week, everyone will be sick of going out and have run out of money, so you won't be alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daleyford

Is anyone here just 17?
    We actually get this wrist-band which gets us into all the clubs without ID, or so I've been told anyhow! :D

Im also 17. Drinks in my gaf so?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jackwilliamson

What are you studying? :)

Law and French :)

Slugabed wrote: »
    I was seventeen in first year, too. Honestly, from my experience, you can bet on being asked for I.D, getting turned away, and having to find your way home alone. Not worth buying the wristband.

It isn't the worst not being able to go out because you will get to know everyone else who's staying in, too. And it's a lot easier to actually make friends in a kitchen over a cup of tea or a few drinks than it is in a club. I was disappointed about not being able to go out in first year, but there is a bright side to it.

Plus, by the end of Freshers' Week, everyone will be sick of going out and have run out of money, so you won't be alone.
    Haha sound advice! I'm sure there will be many 17 anyhow! :D thanks
    Daleyford wrote: »
    Im also 17. Drinks in my gaf so?
    Haha sure! Then mine! :P what house? :)

• Advertisement

Law and French :)
    Aw cool! Human Health and Disease. :)

Haha sound advice! I'm sure there will be many 17 anyhow! :D thanks

Haha sure! Then mine! :P what house? :)

Building 91 :D hby?

Building 91 :D hby?

87, not too far away!!! :D
    What are ya studying? :D

87, not too far away!!! :D
    What are ya studying? :D
    oh not too far at all! hopefully all us underages can group together on the nights of freshers :roll eyes: Physio, hby :D

oh not too far at all! hopefully all us underages can group together on the nights of freshers :roll eyes: Physio, hby :D

Yeah I'm sure we'll be able to!! Drinking games and whatnot!! ;)
    Have you seen the trinity underage group on FB? :)
    Aw class. Human Health and Disease. :D

Yeah I'm sure we'll be able to!! Drinking games and whatnot!! ;)
    Have you seen the trinity underage group on FB? :)
    Aw class. Human Health and Disease. :D

offlicence is like two mins down the road. be grand! yea i have, its a bit quite at the mo though.. aw deadly:)

offlicence is like two mins down the road. be grand! yea i have, its a bit quite at the mo though.. aw deadly:)

Is it? :D Sure we can get loads to buy it for us! Where will be the first strictly underage house party? 87 or 91? :P Yeah, fierce quiet altogether!! :O

Is it? :D Sure we can get loads to buy it for us! Where will be the first strictly underage house party? 87 or 91? :P Yeah, fierce quiet altogether!! :O

haha we can start in 87 and move to 91,, always a good idea to crash two houses. Sure we can sort all that **** out freshers weekend :D

haha we can start in 87 and move to 91,, always a good idea to crash two houses. Sure we can sort all that **** out freshers weekend :D

Good idea!! :P ;)
    Yeah, we can indeed! :D see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Akari

Does anyone know if there is space under the beds in Trinity Hall? (In House 87, if that helps!) Around 20- 30 cm, for storage boxes? :D

• Advertisement

Akari wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is space under the beds in Trinity Hall? (In House 87, if that helps!) Around 20- 30 cm, for storage boxes? :D

I'm 87 too!! :D what apartment?

Appartment 15. :)

Appartment 15. :)

Oh cool.7

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

There's no space under the beds, there's two large drawers there instead. Be careful, as it's very easy to stub your toe.

amymak wrote: »
    There's no space under the beds, there's two large drawers there instead. Be careful, as it's very easy to stub your toe.

Hehe, okay, thank you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 HelloFluffy

Are the fees for Halls showing up on anyone else's account yet?

No:( have they showed on yours?

Nope. I presume we will get an email inviting us to make the payment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 annamtaylor

Anybody house 86.05? Or anyone studying Drama studies or Drama and Theatre??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

The fees appeared for me and then disappeared yesterday.

edit : They've appeared again. Are any other schols being asked to pay fees?

Advertisement