Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick download from blackboard

Options
  • 30-08-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Is there a easy or quick way to download all the module documents for each module on blackboard onto a local drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Nope. You have to do it one by one, but just make sure you don't download last years stuff. Just cos its there doesn't mean its current (sorry, don't know if your incoming or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

I'm outgoing and I want a copy of everything I mightn't have previously downloaded. I lose access tomorrow.

I'd prefer not to have to do it file by file. There are a lot of files.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

The old fashioned way I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

Polar Ice

I cast ye out!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

Actually, there is a way to download everything qucikly.
    There is some blackboard software that does it for you. I used it briefly three years ago. Don't remember the name though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

jan shyr wrote: »
    Actually, there is a way to download everything qucikly.
    There is some blackboard software that does it for you. I used it briefly three years ago. Don't remember the name though.

I had a feeling there was. I've previously used other e-learning packages that have such functionality.
    Anyone know how to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Polar Ice wrote: »
    I had a feeling there was. I've previously used other e-learning packages that have such functionality.
    Anyone know how to do it?

BlackBoard has a Windows program and an iPhone App about 2 years ago. However the UCD system (I believe) doesn't currently support either.

Honestly its pretty quick if you set up your browser to download and just hit CTRL as you hit the links. I think Chrome, Safari and Firefox have a key combo that 'Downloads Linked File' which makes it quicker again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Blackboard for android works although no easy way to download everything.

There used to be software called Backpack which automatically synced files on Windows but support for that stopped when they upgraded to v9 (or v10 I forget)

Advertisement