Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC tour for an ill child?

• 30-08-2013 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I would love to organise a special trip to Liverpool FC for my terminally ill nine year old nephew. He is such a fantastic young fella and so brave. It would be unbelievable for him to get such a surprise, like a meet and greet with the players after a game or something like that. I've sent a message on the football clubs website but I'm sure my email was only one of very many and I haven't heard anything back.

Could anybody make any suggestions as to who I should write to or who I could ask? I don't know the first thing about football and really haven't a clue where to start.

Any advice appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Have you tried contacting john aldridge through the Sunday world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Maybe even contact Liverpool FC direct.

http://help.liverpoolfc.tv/app/answers/detail/a_id/283

Bit of info here about Anfield tours and meet and greets.

https://bookings.liverpoolfc.com/experiences/home.htm#

No idea of prices etc. If you contact the club directly they might give you some better info.

Hope you get sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭jessiblah

What about Make A Wish? They might be able to organize it.

Edit: If you try to book the "Ultimate Anfield Experience" on the link Rarnes provided, it's £245 each.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've Pm'd someone here who may know the best route to ask about this, but in the meantime tweeting or DM'ing @petermcdowell10 or @voiceofanfield as well as the @LFC official twitter account might help. Peter McDowell does the on pitch pre match stuff for LFC and George Sephton (voice of anfield) has done the stadium announcing for the last 42 years. They both seem to respond to tweets often so might be the best route to ask how to go about it I reckon if the above link by Rarnes proves to not work.

Best of luck anyhow with it, ill kids deserve all the help they can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

I would go to your local FAI child development officer they would have a lot of contacts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭capefear

OP I hope you get to bring your nephew to anfield. I'm a grown man and I can still remember the first time I went, I had such a big smile on my face can only imagine what it would be like for your nephew.

Money is the last thing you need to be worrying about. Pm me your details as I'd like to make small donation and I'm sure some of the guys on the Liverpool thread will help out also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I would also try a few of the ex pro's on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Oholm

Good idea, I'll get onto that tomorrow. Thank you!

Good idea, I'll get onto that tomorrow. Thank you!

• Advertisement

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Maybe even contact Liverpool FC direct.

http://help.liverpoolfc.tv/app/answers/detail/a_id/283

Thanks, I've tried that already with no reply . I'm sure they must get bundles of emails like mine so they may not have even seen my one. I'll just have to keep trying. Thank you!

5starpool wrote: »
    I've Pm'd someone here who may know the best route to ask about this, but in the meantime tweeting or DM'ing @petermcdowell10 or @voiceofanfield as well as the @LFC official twitter account might help. Peter McDowell does the on pitch pre match stuff for LFC and George Sephton (voice of anfield) has done the stadium announcing for the last 42 years. They both seem to respond to tweets often so might be the best route to ask how to go about it I reckon if the above link by Rarnes proves to not work.

Best of luck anyhow with it, ill kids deserve all the help they can get.

Thank you for that information. I know absolutely nothing about twitter and haven't an iota how to tweet. I just joined boards.ie as a last resort as I've heard people mention it . To my disgrace I am not so tech savvy . But I can't give up on this little fella so I suppose I'll need to take a crash course !

I would go to your local FAI child development officer they would have a lot of contacts

Great idea , I'll get on it! Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

A local lad got to be guest of Steven Gerrard at this seasons first game against Stoke. Gerrard paid for flights for him and his family and they watched the game from his private box. Limo transfers and accommodation were paid for by Philippe Coutinho. The lad is in a wheelchair and had waited for the team at Dublin airport the day after the Dublin Decider against Celtic and was invited into the VIP area where he met all the team and the owners.

We were waiting too and my 15yr old would give his right arm just for a photo with Gerrard but sadly we were left outside.

Anyway , my point is it can happen for your nephew and I really hope it does. I know getting the clubs attention about it is the hardest part so maybe John Aldridge's column is your best bet.

Sorry to hear of your nephew's illness , best of luck x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Cheers to the lads who sent me a PM about this as otherwise I would have missed it. I have a couple of contacts in the club I will give them a buzz and see if we can sort something.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Cheers to the lads who sent me a PM about this as otherwise I would have missed it. I have a couple of contacts in the club I will give them a buzz and see if we can sort something.

Hi there, thank you so much! Have sent you a private message with some more info. Thanks again , any help would be very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Dub13 wrote: »

Hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Best of luck OP. Looks promising, hope you get to treat your nephew to what is sure to be a fantastic day.

Advertisement