Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System restore from backup - lose data?

Options
  • 31-08-2013 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi all, having terrible issues with laptop due to I presume windows updates, get a black screen and nothing happens before login. My question is I have a restore point set up from a few months ago, if I restore to this ( know this restore point works) will I lose all data from the HD since then? If I restore, and then get a cradle for the HD, will this added data be available? Basically I don't care about not having a laptop for a few days( not restoring, waiting for cradle, get info then restore to get it running again) but would the info from the HD ( pretty sure the HD isn't the issue as this is an ongoing updates error) still be accessible if the HD is okay? What I'm trying to ask is if I restore to say 1st January 2013, will the info since then be any way accessible via a cradle and HD. Or will it erase info since that restore date completely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Restore points don't affect your data. Restoring won't delete your files, and .....

****making a RP WON'T BACK UP YOUR DATA!!******

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Going back to a restore point will effectively back out any system updates that were applied since that date. As the poster above said, it will have no effect on user data.

Advertisement