Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homemade Mosfet

• 31-08-2013 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Hey looking into making a mosfet to help with trigger contacts. I have found a few bits on what u need on u tube but finding it hard to get the materials.I have located the main mosfet(irlb3034pbf) and the 2.2k resistor in dublin but can't seem to find the 10 amp diode,100ohm resistor and the 16awg and 24 awg cable i need.I can find the cable in 100m rolls but im not going to need that much. So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Have you tried Hobbyking? I know they sell cables of all sizes. As for the resistor, Peats used to be good for those parts but I think they're closing down. What about Maplins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

RS electronics. They're a UK supplier. Their stuff is reasonably priced and they have a good postage system. Usually arrives in 3 days. I get all my stuff from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Tried rs electronics they don't do the diode or the mosfet.I know nothing about electronic components so i wouldn't know if they have an alternative to the one's im looking for and i'd say that is where my problem lies in finding them.Thanks anyway i'll keep looking or find someone that knows what they are looking at to help me.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

brenak47 wrote: »
    Tried rs electronics they don't do the diode or the mosfet.I know nothing about electronic components so i wouldn't know if they have an alternative to the one's im looking for and i'd say that is where my problem lies in finding them.Thanks anyway i'll keep looking or find someone that knows what they are looking at to help me.:)

If you email them telling them what you'd like, they'll tell you the best components. They're (usually) very halpful that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Ah sound i'll drop them one on monday thanks.I found the diode on a irish website for 1.88 and 23 plus the vat to deliver this country is a joke when buying things off the net.I can buy the mosfet built for less than that but just have it in my head i want to build one myself(not that there is much to it).

• Advertisement
Advertisement