Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,622 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

‘Checking In, Checking Out’ by The High Llamas! :)

Spring is on the way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Murder Most Foul is a very handy track when you need to nip out to the shop for 20 minutes or if maybe you had a very hot curry for dinner ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

Yesterday, John Creedon came to Letterfrack, Co. Galway for his tv programme to speak about its history. Who did they interview? Local historian? Local celebrity? Local archaeologist?

No.

Joseph O'Connor, Dubliner and RTE luvvie with zero connection with the area. Not one local person interviewed or consulted, let Dubliner Joe speak for us. Typical RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

DrSerious3 wrote: »
    Yesterday, John Creedon came to Letterfrack, Co. Galway for his tv programme to speak about its history. Who did they interview? Local historian? Local celebrity? Local archaeologist?

No.

Joseph O'Connor, Dubliner and RTE luvvie with zero connection with the area. Not one local person interviewed or consulted, let Dubliner Joe speak for us. Typical RTE.

Bad mistake there Doc, far too many connected jackasses from Dublin, getting airtime in these situations.

What local celebrities are there in Letterfrack,as a matter of interest.

Can you give us a list

Good man.

‘The Sick Bed of Cuchulainn’!

Good call :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭TheBMG

DrSerious3 wrote: »

No.

Cool story bro. This is about his radio show though

Saga Noren, landskrim malmo.

God i loved that show, great memories and song too.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Bus Boy

London Grammar, Bon Iver and then John Martyn... great finishing hat-trick Turnip Head.

‘An Dreoilin’ by Sean Monaghan!

OH YEAH! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The last few were a bit too Oirish, to be expected I suppose.

• Advertisement

It's all oirish tonight, innit? For the day thats in it, i suppose. All good for me, just hope we dont have to get a blast of N17 for our troubles!

Ah, the bould Dessie had to squeeze in somewhere. Great stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

F*cking Galway Girl

tenor.gif

It's all a bit just greatest hits tonight, isnt it? Very safe selection for a creedon show. Only thing i can say about Galway Girl is at least he didnt play that monumentally execrable ed sheeran version.

A true risk would be giving us a blast of this

I think that Moby’s Porcelain is a very cool song. So there.

Happened to fjnd out that John Creedon has a UCC qualification in Béaloideas/ folklore, which explains his interest in place-names and town lands (as a not-very-musically-inclined person, that's one of my favourite things about his programme).

It just popped up randomly in an article I clicked onto, he never mentions it (that I've heard). Definitely the sorta fellow who wears his intelligence very easily.

John Creedon does not come in without those wireless knobs.

What a track to finish. We can let the goldfish go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Does he share the playlist each night? Or does anyone listen every night who might be willing to share? I don't always get to catch it but like many on here, I am a big fan of the music he plays. Would love to go back over the playlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Bus Boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

John Creeddon has become the voice of my evening lockdown. In years to come, if we ever get over all this, I'm not sure Ill be able to hear his voice without being reminded of it all.

:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Love this ‘Big Brave Bill’ song by Kate Rusby :)

*runs around the room with ‘Superman’ arms*

:o

Decent tribute to Noel Bridgeman (RIP).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

He just played a song by The Guggenheim Grotto! Creedon really is a gem.

They had one song that got about a week of radio play 12 years ago or so. They went on to chart in the US folk charts. One of their songs did well in Russia and they had a few songs featured on soundtracks of TV shows in the US but don't seem to be too well known in Ireland in large part due to the lack of radio play as they were trying to get a start.

Never Tire Of The Road :)

Thompson Twins to Ray Charles and Aretha! Only on Creedon.

Thompson Twins to Ray Charles and Aretha! Only on Creedon.

And now to Labi ‘Spot the sample’ Siffre :)

Carole King. Hard to beat.

Fiachna sitting in for Creedo for a fortnight :)

• Advertisement

Good tunes so far tonight...’Nothing But The Same Old Story’ by Paul Brady - good call :)

Advertisement