Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

And the beautiful soft dulcet tones of limerick lass Emma Langford. Am becoming a big fan of hers.

Fiachna does quite like spinning the homegrown talent and nothing at all wrong with that!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Fiachna singing on TG4 there a minute ago as well as being on the radio.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

This 'Carry My Song' tune is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

How many spins for The Rose this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,622 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I think my radio is broken...

John’s been back on the air for nearly 45 minutes, and he hasn’t played ‘May You Never’ by John Martyn, or any John Prine.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Bus Boy

I think my radio is broken...

John’s been back on the air for nearly 45 minutes, and he hasn’t played ‘May You Never’ by John Martyn, or any John Prine.

:pac:

You may have spoken too soon @Welsh Megaman. John Prine on the way:D.

:D

‘No Rain’ by Blind Melon!

Good call :)

"This is Radio Clash".

When the Clash went disco!

I’d forgotten how much I like Midnight At The Oasis, and what a nice take on it by Maria Muldaur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭French Toast

Listening to John through the telly at the minute.

Thoroughly enjoyable to listen to his selection of tunes and stories.

🇵🇸

Listening to John through the telly at the minute.

Thoroughly enjoyable to listen to his selection of tunes and stories.

Who knew that Bob Marley played in Dublin on the day he died? :D

Love a bit of John Spillane :)

Jungleland.

Hard to believe Clarene Clemons died a decade ago.

Not sure if this is Hendrix or SRV, like it though.

‘Summer In Siam’ - classic :)

Sun is setting, the house is quieting, all the work is done; time to turn on the radio and listen to some Creedo... oh Jaysus.

They're not even in Holland or wherever the Eurovision is. They're watching it on television like anyone who is actually interested. *Flips switch*

Sun is setting, the house is quieting, all the work is done; time to turn on the radio and listen to some Creedo... oh Jaysus.

They're not even in Holland or wherever the Eurovision is. They're watching it on television like anyone who is actually interested. *Flips switch*

And I’ll second that emotion. I’ve been looking forward to his relaxing voice, great eclectic selection, and what do I hear but a couple of lads bouncing off one another trying to hype up the Ukrainian entry. I could not care less!

Like A Rolling Stone. This was the track Bob was singing in slane when i woke from my long slumber, exhausted and hungover, already half dead from heatstroke. I like it better now than i did then! Nice selection of tunes tonight but the covers rarely match the originals, i find, when it comes to these classic artists.

It’s pronounced ‘Griff’, not ‘Gruff’, John.

:rolleyes: :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

Like A Rolling Stone. This was the track Bob was singing in slane when i woke from my long slumber, exhausted and hungover, already half dead from heatstroke. I like it better now than i did then! Nice selection of tunes tonight but the covers rarely match the originals, i find, when it comes to these classic artists.

Loved the show on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭French Toast

"I've such a great lineup for ye tonight, I wish I was at home myself to listen to it" :P

I find John to be one of RTE's few redeeming qualities. Tuned in on a sunny summer evening.

🇵🇸

Good mix for this balmy summer’s evening :cool: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did anyone catch the name of the band on Karma Chameleon?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Did anyone catch the name of the band on Karma Chameleon?

The Original Brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Steve Wickham. At the moment I'm working at the studio where that was recorded.
    Nothing to do with music

Nice slide guitar in this tune.

Nadine puttin on a good show tonight :)

Great version of ‘Take Five’ by the Sachal Studios Orchestra :)

• Advertisement

Fountains Of Wayne, and now a double dose of Prefab Sprout - good man, John.

:)

Advertisement