Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Never heard these Nina Simone tracks before.

Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,523 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Haircut One Hundred!

Can’t wait to see them live next month :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's the Radiohead song they played over the 9/11 attacks on Reeling in the Years.

That marquee moon song goes on forever.

Christy :(

• Advertisement

Great of course, but I prefer this version… :)

Odd to hear ads for Rammstein on Creedo's show.

And now an ad for Slash, outside of Rory Gallagher and Thin Lizzy he doesn't play any rock stuff.

I've heard that Polly Barrett song a few times over the last while, I like it

Right Said Fred!

:o

• Advertisement

I've no problem admitting that I like Deeply Dippy in a non ironic way.

The two of them are an awful pair of eejits though.

That Bowie song was fairly intense.

Suppose he knew he was on the way out.

Never been a fan of Myles Kennedy’s voice - a bit too whiny and irritating after a while.

Would go for Slash though. :)

Sonia’s Nemesis! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ekkinak

i don't see the point of a radio show playing two songs by the same artist

If you like the artist you're already familiar with their work or can access any song elsewhere

If you don't like the artist you have to sit through two songs you don't like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RINO87

Ah He's allowed to do it when they're from closing time! What an album 🙂

I remember this song from a car advert around 2002.

99 red balloons auf Deutsch

Yes, we really REALLY need to hear Oasis ever again.

(rolleyes)

I like this new Rolling Stones song, I know it's just a slow version of Can't Always Get What You Want, but it's good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RINO87

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭ottolwinner

Always love his show and variety. Warm voice on a cold evening.

I wonder OP 10 years on are you still listening on your commute?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Indeed I am! Can't believe its 10yrs since this thread started.

In the car is the chance I get to listen to John the most.

When I'm off work and at home, there's too many other things to do to tune in often, so I do like that commute time with JC.

Still enjoying his choice of music. He will be missed when he hangs up his microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭ottolwinner

Ahh good to get that update. When I read the thread it had me thinking, What’s this persons commute and how Johns show might be a tonic for their journey. Thanks for the update. I’ll be driving myself tomorrow night and will get to hear him without interruption. I’ll send in a request for the boardsies.

My god…Disturbed’s cover of ‘The Sound Of Silence’!

(entire body shudders)

Play ‘Down With The Sickness’!

Hearing ads for Rhiannon Giddens, Springsteen and some bluegrass act makes more sense than ones for Rammstein.

Love that 'Land of my Other' song.

When you take out the cliched 'All modern music is rubbish' nonsense, this is a good piece.

Thirty years - THIRTY YEARS! - since ‘Dookie’.

:(

• Advertisement

RTE used that tune he finished with for snooker coverage back in the nineties.

Advertisement