Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride-on Mower Castlegarden TC102

Options
  • 31-08-2013 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I am new to ride-on mower. Mine just packed up. The belt to the blade drive is busted. I have bought a new belt.

But am having a lot of difficulty putting it in at the engine end. There is a big long belt guide pin which seems to be welded to the chasis and it is very close to the pulley. It is not possible to squeeze the belt through.

I tried to remove the pulley. Seems like it is a twin pulley design, the 2nd pulley for the transmission. Seems impossible. There is a unusual hole in the shaft between the two pulleys but doesn't seem like it can be removed that easily. I even tried to loosen the engine mounting hoping to increase the gap but to no avail.

Can someone assist before my lawn turns into a jungle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

This post made much more sense in the gardening section.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i don't even know how you'd make that mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 17 soonleng.lim

My apologies.

My first posting here and made a fool of myself.

Apologies once again

dont worry about it, when you're president of the UN this is something we can all look back on and laugh

if I knew where the gardening forum was I'd throw a link in here

--edit

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1059

here

No, it was posted in the gardening section 5 hours before it was here!
    Doubly strange.
    Don't worry soonleng...remember, if you ever want to give up your addiction to ride-on mowers there's another choice. Push-along lawnmowers. You'll feel healthier within a fortnight!
    My dad moved onto push-along lawnmowers last year and hasn't touched a ride-on mower since.

• Advertisement

I just posted in the gardening section a few minutes ago. I am in New Zealand, maybe it is showing local time ?

Not much fun pushing along as I have a fair bit of sloping ground and long driveway.

But that's a good thought anyway.

Weird. The timestamp has it posted hours ago.

Anyway, what's New Zealand like? I hear it's like Ireland but more Canadian.

i hear the maori are very like cork people

Prone to grandiose delusions about their place in the world?

At least the Maori look like some heroic caricature of ancient gods with their four-feet-wide chests and sequoia thighs. Cork people only have Beamish. Murphy's at a stretch.*

*actually, if you come across a drink called Mi Daza, jump at it, nicest weak stout in Ireland by a country mile. It actually tastes! Imagine!

i meant violent savages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I read the OP and thought I must have clicked into the rebuildables thread. Made about as much sense to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Wasn't their a random thread of randomness?

This is the new one, search function is too difficult to use on a phone in desktop view.

Just for completeness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I snapped the timing belt on my ride on last Thursday!

Coincidence?

I think not!!!!!!

NZ is a great place if you like nature esp mountains and lakes and don't care too much about man-made wonders like skyscrapers and shopping centers.

Also great if you are not particularly interested in wild game hunting. the biggest hunted animal is deer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I snapped the timing belt on my ride last Thursday!!!

Phnarr phnarr...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

That would probably have been less painful :-P

NZ is a great place if you like nature esp mountains and lakes and don't care too much about man-made wonders like skyscrapers and shopping centers.

Also great if you are not particularly interested in wild game hunting. the biggest hunted animal is deer.
    We could always build skyscraping shopping centres inside the mountains.
    That hunting bit is very specific. Hmm... If someone wants to murder an animal I suppose they'll have to deal with what we've got. Maybe a new cost-cutting measure that we could sell as a TV show, people get to hunt murderers, corrupt politicians and paedophiles? They'd have to be guilty beyond any doubt though. And anybody who defends them or their right to life is fair game... those guys are assholes, we should hunt their kids as well.
    Once we get rid of all the really bad people we'll have to start hunting people who owe other people $5, or people who don't say thanks when you give them something. Kids throwing tantrums, they'll be gone. Holistic therapists. Vegans. Barbers. Dentists. Non-investigative, non-analytical journalists. The charity workers who shake their money box at you. Fast food workers that serve undercooked chips and burgers with the buns sloping off to the side. People who eat steak well-done.

Perfect world alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Phnarr phnarr...

Snick snick!

• Advertisement

Hi guys. I managed to saw that darn thing off and replace the belt, readjusted the tension and mower is working again.

Wish I had a Guinness Stout to celebrate

Hi guys. I managed to saw that darn thing off and replace the belt, readjusted the tension and mower is working again.

Wish I had a Guinness Stout to celebrate

Still sounds like the rebuildables thread to me :D

Congrats on getting it sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Does anyone know a good site to buy replacement lawn mower blades? I've an old briggs and straton that runs like a dream, but at nearly 20 years old the blade is as dull as feck.

No joy on ESI or BargainVapour.

Convert it to a strimmer with some Kanthal, sense I started striming I'v not looked back. the pure aroma of cut grass. Nothing beats it!

jamie72 wrote: »
    Does anyone know a good site to buy replacement lawn mower blades? I've an old briggs and straton that runs like a dream, but at nearly 20 years old the blade is as dull as feck.

No joy on ESI or BargainVapour.

Hi,
    saw your posting on mower blades on the wrong forum. (I did the same mistake last week.)

Why don't you sharpen them yourself? t's a piece of cake. Just use a simple metal file

Loving this thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Does anybody know if there are any restrictions on Vaping while in charge of a ride on mower

depends I guess, i wouldn't imagine your insurance company would look too kindly on you rebuilding a genesis while riding a lawnmower in a playground

Guess not. Normally nobody would be looking out while you mow anyway, and birds can't lodge a complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Vaperus wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there are any restrictions on Vaping while in charge of a ride on mower

Only if you're indoors!

Advertisement