Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone in the know help?

Options
  • 31-08-2013 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I have a digital central heating control unit (220v) that has a maximum switching output of 3amps, however the system it needs to switch on has a much higher current draw...3 pumps, boiler, electric isolation valves etc.

I may be wrong but I dont think it would be advisable to connect directly, Is there some kind of mains relay I can use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

defforirl wrote: »
    I have a digital central heating control unit (220v) that has a maximum switching output of 3amps, however the system it needs to switch on has a much higher current draw...3 pumps, boiler, electric isolation valves etc.

I may be wrong but I dont think it would be advisable to connect directly, Is there some kind of mains relay I can use?

Use the clock too switch a contractor and use the contractor too switch the system then

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭defforirl

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Use the clock too switch a contractor and use the contractor too switch the system then

Ok thanks, didn't know the name of the item I needed, I'll source a contractor so;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

defforirl wrote: »
    Ok thanks, didn't know the name of the item I needed, I'll source a contractor so;)

Contactor sorry... Corrective texts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

They need a contactor, and contractor:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Normally the timer controls the MVs which have seconderey switches to control the boiler, pump etc., the permanent live to the boiler carries the main load.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Well it seems to have 3 pumps, possibly for different zones, maybe underfloor heating or something, or a large house of radiators.

It would be usually a multi channel clock that would be used anyway, and no need of contactors.

Depends on the setup of course though.

Advertisement