Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vortex Rifle Scopes.

Options
  • 31-08-2013 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hello All,
    Just wondering if many people out there are or have used the Vortex Rifle scopes.
    All comments welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Cobs wrote: »
    Hello All,
    Just wondering if many people out there are or have used the Vortex Rifle scopes.
    All comments welcome.

Giving one serious consideration, cant really justify the extra money for the pst model after seeing the milldot one, serious glass and pictures through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Giving one serious consideration, cant really justify the extra money for the pst model after seeing the milldot one, serious glass and pictures through them.

Lads just to point out iirc the lower priced Vortex are made in China, the mid priced (PST etc.) scopes are made it the Philippines and their top of the range (HD) ones are made in Japan.

I am open to correction on this

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

Lads just to point out iirc the lower priced Vortex are made in China, the mid priced (PST etc.) scopes are made it the Philippines and their top of the range (HD) ones are made in Japan.

I am open to correction on this

I thought all the vortex vipers were made in the Philippines and it was there cheaper lines like the crossfire that was made in china?

I too am open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Ghost. wrote: »
    I thought all the vortex vipers were made in the Philippines and it was there cheaper lines like the crossfire that was made in china?

I too am open to correction.

Reread the post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I have a Vortex diamondback in 4-12X40 which is made in the Philippines and find the optics very good. Clarity and definition are excellent and it a good scope for foxing or stalking. For the price bracket it's very hard to beat them.The model up from it is the Viper and I'm hoping to try one soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Cobs

Well I have took the dive and bought the ViperHS 4x16x50.
    Hope to get it out during the week.
    Thanks for all comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Cobs wrote: »
    Well I have took the dive and bought the ViperHS 4x16x50.
    Hope to get it out during the week.
    Thanks for all comments.

Hey cobs, hope it works out, do you mind giving some detail on scope price etc and let us know how it works for you?

Looking to upgrade myself so interested in what's out there at a reasonable price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Well wear lad.

Advertisement