Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Mower Problem

• 31-08-2013 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Ride-on Mower Castlegarden TC102
    Hi,
    I am new to ride-on mower. Mine just packed up. The belt to the blade drive is busted. I have bought a new belt.

But am having a lot of difficulty putting it in at the engine end. There is a big long belt guide pin which seems to be welded to the chasis and it is very close to the pulley. It is not possible to squeeze the belt through.

I tried to remove the pulley. Seems like it is a twin pulley design, the 2nd pulley for the transmission. Seems impossible. There is a unusual hole in the shaft between the two pulleys but doesn't seem like it can be removed that easily. I even tried to loosen the engine mounting hoping to increase the gap but to no avail.

Can someone assist before my lawn turns into a jungle

Advertisement