Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

maplins

• 31-08-2013 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

So, in october 2012 i bought a u13a heli @ 64.99 from maplins blanchardstown. it lasted in my hands until december and it flew off 😩 well anyway.
    so fast forward to the present. Went into maplins Mary street. Saw very same model - now on sale for 131.99
    i' ll do one thing for certain with my money in future. Not spend it in maplins i'm a lost customer. And maplins also raised the price of the raspberry pi kit from 81.99 to 99.99. Both the heli and the 'pi can stay on the shelves.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

gugleguy wrote: »
    So, in october 2012 i bought a u13a heli @ 64.99 from maplins blanchardstown. it lasted in my hands until december and it flew off 😩 well anyway.
    so fast forward to the present. Went into maplins Mary street. Saw very same model - now on sale for 131.99
    i' ll do one thing for certain with my money in future. Not spend it in maplins i'm a lost customer. And maplins also raised the price of the raspberry pi kit from 81.99 to 99.99. Both the heli and the 'pi can stay on the shelves.

There's a thread about Peats on the Dublin City forum that mentions the usurious prices in Maplins. Seems a lot of people have recognised this, sir.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Prices can't be usurious, it's a term applied to exorbitant interest rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

mathepac wrote: »

The prices are exorbitant.

Compare any of maplins component prices to farnell.com and you'll find you can get a bag of components on farnell for the price of a single in Maplins.

I bought a soldering set for 64 euro delivered from Farnell. The same set in Maplin was 99.

Then again, if you NEED something right now, then it's usually the only place to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

...Then again, if you NEED something right now, then it's usually the only place to go.

I find even in those situations, I just can't justify the cost in Maplins. 9/10 times I walk out empty handed. I walk through the Blanch one a fair bit. Very occasionally they have stuff at an ok price. Its always interesting to walk around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

gugleguy wrote: »
    mathepac wrote: »

synonyms, jesus :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement