Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Business

• 31-08-2013 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Do you need any knowledge from the JC course in order to understand the LC course? I might do it for the LC and i'm wondering if it's okay as I didn't do it for JC. Also, how hard would the course be? Would someone who is decent at maths and can theory well off(like science) be good at this subject?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LC 2015

Nope, I took it up this year too. :)

While JC Business would be a help, it's definitely not necessary.

I've only had a few business classes, but so far I absolutely love it!
    It's such a nice subject, 100% of it is just learning theory.
    An A1 is a possibility for anyone, and a lot of it is common sense too, just learn your notes and you'll have no problem.

Not a lot of maths in it though, just some basic business maths - no accounts or anything.
    However, taking up accounting or economics would be harder without doing jc business or at least having an interest in the subject, so call me biased but I'd consider business the easiest of the three. (I did accounting & economics during TY)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LCchancer

nope ! i just got my leaving cert this year and did business! didnt do it for JC , its easy to understand but theres alot of work to take in but if you like it, it shouldnt be a problem :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Do you need any knowledge from the JC course in order to understand the LC course? I might do it for the LC and i'm wondering if it's okay as I didn't do it for JC. Also, how hard would the course be? Would someone who is decent at maths and can theory well off(like science) be good at this subject?

Thanks! :D

nah they aren't really related at all!
    I think you should try it , i think its a middle subject,not too easy as there is so much theory to learn off but at the same time not too hard as you just have to learn it and not much understanding is involved.
    maths won't really help as there is hardly any maths ,only ratios ,a few calculations which can be done with a calculator but if you can learn theory well you should do well in business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Thanks for the opinions! Might take it up next year! :)

Advertisement