Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forster court renting

Options
  • 30-08-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I'd like to bump this just in case anyone has anything new to input four years later.. I'm looking at a house there now but don't really know Galway myself as regards to good/bad areas etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Nothing has really changed in forster court (dunno if thats a good or a bad thing!). Estate is quiet enough, I've had no issue with excessively noisy neighbours anyway. The comment about the houses being cold in winter is true but if you are not stingy on the heating people will survive!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from a 2009 thread.
    Bumping old threads isn't usually a good idea since much of the info and/or opinions of old posters may have changed.

Forster court is ok, I've been there to visit and the houses are nice. If you are sharing and there's many cars in the household it may be tricky to get parking for everyone. Then again it's spitting distance to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I'm living there at the moment. I find it a great spot, not really much issue with the neighbors/noise and within a minutes walk of the city. Parking can be an issue if you have a few cars in your house.

There can be a bit of variation between the quality of individual houses as some of them haven't been done up since the day they were built and others can be completely redone on the inside

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If your mates come over.
    There are some resident's parking spots, do not park in those!
    I was clamped in one of those within an hour. The clampers trawl the place a lot since it's so close to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lepus

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Sadly I didn't get the house but another one might pop up near there and this info will come in handy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement