Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Appeals

• 31-08-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I want to appeal my French result and I'm wondering is the oral rechecked aswell as the written paper. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

I remember hearing that it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I also heard that it is. Pretty stupid that they don't give you the bloody score beforehand to help you make a more informed decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Canard wrote: »
    I also heard that it is. Pretty stupid that they don't give you the bloody score beforehand to help you make a more informed decision.

Yes they should give you the score beforehand.. but surely when you view the written paper and see if you did really well in the written paper then you would know that the oral / listening brought your grade down so you could kind of tell ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

Yes, the oral mark will be checked. That's the main reason why the oral is recorded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Yes they should give you the score beforehand.. but surely when you view the written paper and see if you did really well in the written paper then you would know that the oral / listening brought your grade down so you could kind of tell ?
    Not really, generally your oral will match up closely with your written/aural grades, but you can't know exactly how close you are to the next grade / if it was marked properly. All they have to do is write it on the exam, I found it so irritating when I viewed my script and didn't really know what to do. You can figure out a range of scores for your oral but it can have a range of ~20 like, not something you want to chance €40 on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 stommy

i got a b2 in the written paper but only a c1 overall so my oral must have brought me down even though i felt i did very well in at and got at least 30%????

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

Thanks everyone for all the info. Think I'll give it a go. On a seperate note I also viewed my English paper. It was marked twice, not sure was it by the same person or not. Either way my grade was lowered from a B3 to a C1. Should I be confident of a successful appeal?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

SportsMad1 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for all the info. Think I'll give it a go. On a seperate note I also viewed my English paper. It was marked twice, not sure was it by the same person or not. Either way my grade was lowered from a B3 to a C1. Should I be confident of a successful appeal?

Not really, to be honest. It has already been rechecked.

Advertisement