Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hop up rubbers?

• 31-08-2013 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

What type of hop up rubber you guys recommend for a g&p magpul cqb. It's all stock about 285fps. Also was thinking of putting a 6.01 barrel in it too. Anyone with have one and what gave you got in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

It seems that its nearly hit and miss, some people report that a certain one is fantastic where others hate it.
    Trial and error it seems :)
    I good nub is important, around 50, nothing to hard with our limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

YbFocus wrote: »
    It seems that its nearly hit and miss, some people report that a certain one is fantastic where others hate it.
    Trial and error it seems :)
    I good nub is important, around 50, nothing to hard with our limit.

Yeah that's what I'm hearing I was using g&g blue as it works in a mates one mine just eats them up after a few mags. So it's stock one at the min which is pretty rubbish.

Just to see what people are using in there's and go from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Trebob wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I'm hearing I was using g&g blue as it works in a mates one mine just eats them up after a few mags. So it's stock one at the min which is pretty rubbish.

Just to see what people are using in there's and go from there.

I use a g&g green with a madbull 6.03 barrel and a g&g polymer unit. I find that they work flawlessly together and helps keep a consistent fps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

G&G silicone clear i find great and run them in everything. Or use a Gaurder clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

The brother has the prometheus pink with a madbull 300mm, 6.03mm barrel, very nice range in his G&P Sentry, easy 40m accurate, I use the prommy pink with a 405mm, 6.03 gunner armoury barrel in my KWA and it easily hits 50m. BB's used by both of us are king arms .25g platinums.

G&G greens are quite good imo, the prommy pink was to put it bluntly crap in my G&G EBR so I changed back to the stock green one, so the point I am making is just because it works great in one brand it may not be so good in the other, trial and error my friend is your best bet, experiment with different nubs, rubbers and barrels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭airsofter232

I just put in a 469mm Prometheus 6.03 barrel and 40 degree Prometheus rubber into a famas. Found the results amazing compared to the stock gun. Would recommend them to anyone.

G&G greens are meant to be really good but iv never had experience with them...

I use a g&g green with a madbull 6.03 barrel and a g&g polymer unit. I find that they work flawlessly together and helps keep a consistent fps.

That's in a g&p moe cqb??? If so il defo give that a shot for sure.

andy_g wrote: »
    G&G silicone clear i find great and run them in everything. Or use a Gaurder clear

Cheers Andy had a guarder clear in it and it just didn't match up very frustrating.

The brother has the prometheus pink with a madbull 300mm, 6.03mm barrel, very nice range in his G&P Sentry, easy 40m accurate, I use the prommy pink with a 405mm, 6.03 gunner armoury barrel in my KWA and it easily hits 50m. BB's used by both of us are king arms .25g platinums.

G&G greens are quite good imo, the prommy pink was to put it bluntly crap in my G&G EBR so I changed back to the stock green one, so the point I am making is just because it works great in one brand it may not be so good in the other, trial and error my friend is your best bet, experiment with different nubs, rubbers and barrels.

Exactly trial and error had too much error trying to get this thing up to scratch. Seems to be a lot of problems with this particular hop up in the gun. Everyone I ask seems to be conflicting sone good some bad. Surely if its from the same factory made the same furniture. I tried the same combo as a mate has in his one and I got nothing it was worse. Madness I tell you madness.

I just put in a 469mm Prometheus 6.03 barrel and 40 degree Prometheus rubber into a famas. Found the results amazing compared to the stock gun. Would recommend them to anyone.

G&G greens are meant to be really good but iv never had experience with them...

Cheers man thing is its this particular gun that I can't find a decent combo for. Don't get me wrong it works but could be a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

I have the g&p magpul m4 as well. Range is shocking. It fires consistently and has good accuracy but the range lets it down.

I got a second hand cyma AK the other day and it out ranges it. Same with my jg Aug.

FizzyCola wrote: »
    I have the g&p magpul m4 as well. Range is shocking. It fires consistently and has good accuracy but the range lets it down.

I got a second hand cyma AK the other day and it out ranges it. Same with my jg Aug.

Yeah true this the range is terrible alright. Can I ask what fps your getting on yours also did you change the hop up or barrel at all or is still stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

I have the g&g raider and i was using the g&g green hop up rubber and nub that comes with it.A few weeks ago i started messing around with different nubs and hop up rubber. My final decision was a shs red hop up rubber(hobbyairsoft) and a flat nub like this http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/prometheus-flat-hop-tensioner-soft-hard.html.
    I trimmed off either end of the nub with the extra lip to allow it fit into the hop up unit so i was left with the curved top and a square block under neat. This set up gave me an extra 10m or so in range. I run all this with a 6.01 tbb.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

Trebob wrote: »
    Yeah true this the range is terrible alright. Can I ask what fps your getting on yours also did you change the hop up or barrel at all or is still stock?

I was having problems with mine where bbs were sometimes only firing about 5-10m at times and sometimes even less. The spring was also making a weird noise and I could hear a rattle when i fired and the fps was less than 200

Airsoftguns put in a new spring, reshimmed the gears and put in some upgraded metal bits but i can't remember.

I'm getting about 320fps. My brother has a g&g raider that's at 270fps and he has better range. Up close my m4 is really good but bbs hit the ground after about 40-50ft. They seem to start dropping instantly. I'm going to get it looked at again to see if the range can be improved because that's the only thing letting it down.

Advertisement