Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Fountain Help!

Options
  • 31-08-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I have a chocolate fountain and want to use it for my friends going away party. I am going to try it out tonight with me and my boyfriend to make sure it is working and that.

But what I was wondering with the melted chocolate that is left over once we are finished with the fountain what can I do with it....Could I let it harden and melt it again? Also how long would it keep once hardened again! Her party isn't on till next Saturday would that be too long to keep or could I keep it for baking on Friday?

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

Chocolate lasts for ages, it will be fine. Is there anything mixed with it though, I presume some oil but if you had added cream it would go off quicker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

As far as I know you have to add something like sunflower oil to chocolate for it to run properly through a chocolate fountain. The instruction booklet will no doubt tell you.

As to whether it will be safe to eat after lying around, nobody can tell you that because food safety advice isn't allowed in this forum. If for example you bite something and then put it into the flow of chocolate for a second dip, you'll be cross contaminating the chocolate.
    So you have to make your own call on it and I have to close this thread, sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement