Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man your pumps, Wetherspoons are coming

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Cask Dark Arts Porter - 4.25eur

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sonicstrav

I've often found London Pride disappointing....in really good condition it's a nice pint but many times this isn't the case.
    Hobgoblin is awful in bottles...last time tried on cask was average - I remember it being better years ago.
    For me, Adams Ghost Ship is the one to go for out of the three
    Will be interesting to see what the guest cask beers are...........if there are 12 handpumps I expect the standard ones to be duplicated and maybe 4-6 other cask beers as would be the case in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

symbolic wrote: »
    Cask Dark Arts Porter - 4.25eur

Also troubles Sabotage IPA 4.25 too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

oblivious wrote: »
    Also troubles Sabotage IPA 4.25 too

That's good, thought they would have added on a few cent due to percentage alcohol difference. What are these guys upto being all reasonable with their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Broadsheet have done a little write up of the opening day....with some pics.

tun.jpg

IMG_2790-768x1024.jpg

LOL

guinness.jpg

I'd say Diageo reps will be doing a lot of work in Blackrock in the next few months. :D

• Advertisement

Nice offer by Conways, but I see they aren't offering to drop their prices................................................................................ yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nice offer by Conways, but I see they aren't offering to drop their prices................................................................................ yet :P

Out to Blackrock...into Conways, free pint of plain.....over to 'Spoons, some food and some cask for cheaps. Jobs a good 'un! :)

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Out to Blackrock...into Conways, free pint of plain.....over to 'Spoons, some food and some cask for cheaps. Jobs a good 'un! :)

I suspect that might be a bit of a circuit tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

BaZmO* wrote: »

This is quite the itinerary.

Also, note the repetition on the hand pumps, as predicted earlier.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    This is quite the itinerary.

Also, note the repetition on the hand pumps, as predicted earlier.

Wait till their beer festival :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Sitting here waiting on trouble to be tapped

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I see it is €4.25 for a pint of dark arts porter

https://twitter.com/ThreeTunTavern/status/486146129554571264

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

rubadub wrote: »
    I see it is €4.25 for a pint of dark arts porter

https://twitter.com/ThreeTunTavern/status/486146129554571264

Was €3.80 in my local till the tap was removed. Not selling or so I believe. Ór/Deception is still on at the same price.

They are waiting for it clear so it maybe a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Are they showing the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

So had Blackrock survived the first day of Spoonerization? I didn't hear anything on the wireless about hordes of boozed-up bums rampaging through those leafy streets following the introduction of cheap beer to these shores....

BMJD wrote: »
    So had Blackrock survived the first day of Spoonerization? I didn't hear anything on the wireless about hordes of boozed-up bums rampaging through those leafy streets following the introduction of cheap beer to these shores....

Between Garth Brooks and Brazil a lot of sorrows had to be drowned on that infamous black Tuesday.

They are waiting for it clear so it maybe a while

Wasn't on when I left at 8 anyway

Wasn't on when I left at 8 anyway

Yep it could take a day or so. It's a some what novel idea for Dublin to allow cask beer to be in proper condition when serving :P

Yep it could take a day or so. It's a some what novel idea for Dublin to allow cask beer to be in proper condition when serving :P

Ha ha I had gathered wrongly from the facebook photo it was ready to go, still I enjoyed what was there and the cask Metalman in the dark horse after :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I have a pain in my face from reading comments on the Monkstowners and Blackrockers Facebook page.
    People claiming how it's going to drag down the image of Blackrock and how it's a "dark day".
    Christ almighty they need to get a grip. I wonder how many of them set foot inside the Missing Swan when it was situated there. Not exactly the warmest and friendliest of places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

Heroditas wrote: »
    I have a pain in my face from reading comments on the Monkstowners and Blackrockers Facebook page.
    People claiming how it's going to drag down the image of Blackrock and how it's a "dark day".
    Christ almighty they need to get a grip. I wonder how many of them set foot inside the Missing Swan when it was situated there. Not exactly the warmest and friendliest of places!

I'd just stay off Facebook then.

You should see the outrage on one page about the newly renamed whiskey fair and the fact it doesn't sell pints if bud 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Surely Spoons is like anywhere else. If you don't like it don't go

Although like most things I'm willing to be a lot of people moaning have never set foot inside one

I'd just stay off Facebook then.

I'm going to get the Internets turned off. that'll show them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

I'm going to get the Internets turned off. that'll show them!

I'm just saying; people who claim to be very annoyed about what people post on Facebook, can just avoid it.

I'm just saying; people who claim to be very annoyed about what people post on Facebook, can just avoid it.

Really? Can I? You mean I can just, y'know, not actually read it? Amazing. You must be the first person to ever suggest such a thing.

Ah now.

I wonder what people in the likes of Dun Laoghaire or Dundrum would think of a new Spoons in their locality. The former has been in terrible decline for a number of years and the latter suffers from a deadzone in the village, which is in the shopping temple's shadow. I hope the effect on Blackrock is increased footfall for the area. The two I mention could do with some of that. Perhaps I'm too optimistic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Ah now.

I wonder what people in the likes of Dun Laoghaire or Dundrum would think of a new Spoons in their locality. The former has been in terrible decline for a number of years and the latter suffers from a deadzone in the village, which is in the shopping temple's shadow. I hope the effect on Blackrock is increased footfall for the area. The two I mention could do with some of that. Perhaps I'm too optimistic.

We'll soon find out as Spoons has bought the 40 Foot in DL.

• Advertisement

Tabnabs wrote: »
    We'll soon find out as Spoons has bought the 40 Foot in DL.

Missed that. Seems like an ideal place.

Perhaps they'll reach Dundrum too.

Advertisement