Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance Fax Calls

Options
  • 31-08-2013 2:48pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am not a current eircom customer, we are with UTV. I'm asking eircom because its their line and their equipment. I'm not sure who best to direct this question to but we are repeatedly getting fax calls from numbers that are withheld. This is a business line and we used to get faxes (mostly junk) but stopped in recent years as we withdrew the fax machine and took down the fax number from our promotional material. But, lately especially, they repeatedly call. Despite the fact we hang up each time, the calls keep coming.

So, is it possible to stop faxes completely calling us? I assume not, so is there anything eircom can do to establish who the caller is and request they stop? Furthermore, how does one get our details of the National Directory Database as a further step to stop these nuisance calls? 

Thanks.

Advertisement