Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus to get from Rathmines Street Lower to Thomas Street

Options
  • 31-08-2013 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

I've just moved up to Dublin and am starting work in the Thomas Street area on Monday.

What bus would get me closest to there if I was top get on at the bus stop near the Swan leisure centre on Rathmines Street Lower?

I'm planning on getting the bike up an using that, but it won't be here for a little while yet.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

You could walk it in about 30 minutes, even less.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not really many options tbh, bus to Aungier St and then walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Lux23 wrote: »
    You could walk it in about 30 minutes, even less.

I dislocated my knee and bruised cartilage a while back and amn't sure if I can do a prolonged fast walk yet (at the moment only run about 50 yards before the pain gets too much, though it is improving). I will probably be walking until I get the bike anyways.
    Not really many options tbh, bus to Aungier St and then walk?

Thanks. Is that for a specific bus, or would they all go past there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I dislocated my knee and bruised cartilage a while back and amn't sure if I can do a prolonged fast walk yet (at the moment only run about 50 yards before the pain gets too much, though it is improving). I will probably be walking until I get the bike anyways.

Thanks. Is that for a specific bus, or would they all go past there?

I think they all do, but it won't take much off your walk I'm afraid. Best of luck with the new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Lux23 wrote: »
    I think they all do, but it won't take much off your walk I'm afraid. Best of luck with the new job.

Nah, they don't. The buses that go to Aungier St are the 83 and the 65. All other buses turn off at the Bleeding Horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

The 83 may work for you as it goes up to Merchant's Quay before crossing the Liffey on to Church Street. From Merchant's Quay to Thomas Street is a short walk - even with a dodgy knee!

Google Map

Just remembered that the walk from Merchant's Quay past The Brazen Head is a fairly steep uphill climb.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Get a Travel90 ticket or a Dublin Bus Rambler ticket.

Get any of the buses in Rathmines up to Dame St, then the 13, 40 or 123 to Thomas St.

What about Dublin Bikes? Portobello to High Street. Short walk either end.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

foreign wrote: »
    What about Dublin Bikes? Portobello to High Street. Short walk either end.

Was going to suggest this, myself

Advertisement