Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hague Convention-child abduction

• 31-08-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Where is the edge between taking a child for holidays and child abduction?
    My ex has booked one way tickets to another country for herself and our child. When she was informed that I know about her plans-she made another reservation for return tickets. She won't come back for sure.
    The problem is that all courts are closed during weekend and she may leave tomorrow..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

zagro wrote: »
    Where is the edge between taking a child for holidays and child abduction?
    My ex has booked one way tickets to another country for herself and our child. When she was informed that I know about her plans-she made another reservation for return tickets. She won't come back for sure.
    The problem is that all courts are closed during weekend and she may leave tomorrow..

Courts will sit 24 7 in a real emergancy, the HC has a duty registrar and duty judge at all times, a DJ can sit and does sit in emergancy situations. If you really believe this is going to happen you need to get a solicitor straight away, a number of solicitors will have a paging service AGS will know solicitors who can be contacted in an emergancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭zagro

infosys wrote: »
    Courts will sit 24 7 in a real emergancy, the HC has a duty registrar and duty judge at all times, a DJ can sit and does sit in emergancy situations. If you really believe this is going to happen you need to get a solicitor straight away, a number of solicitors will have a paging service AGS will know solicitors who can be contacted in an emergancy.

I know that the tickets have been booked but I don't know for what day. Ryanair won't tell me due to data protection. Next fly to Poznan is tomorrow at 17:50. I have no evidence that she leaves tomorrow. That's the problem

my time is ticking away, less that 7 hours remaining to the departure
    gardai won't stop her saying that she has a right to go for holidays (even if she had one way ticket on Friday)
    I contacted a solicitor from the AGS emergency list but he said that emergency hearing will cost me small fortune and advised me to come in on Monday...
    it's time to give up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If it's a Hague convention country, surely time is not of the essence.

Marcusm wrote: »
    If it's a Hague convention country, surely time is not of the essence.

My child has been abducted. My ex left the country without district court permission last Saturday. She made an application for holidays from 4th of September to the court but she flew on 31st of August.
    I made ex parte and got High Court order preventing her from leaving the jurisdiction yesterday. I didn't know that she is already in Poland. Department of Justice has been informed.
    I'm going to the High Court tomorrow. What you recommend me to do? Is there an application for "freezing" bank account? What else would you do being on my place?

• Advertisement
Advertisement