Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Plan is Best?

Options
  • 31-08-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

I called a few weeks ago to change my gas over to electric Ireland.

I have my electricity with electric Ireland and my gas with FloGas or whatever it's called but was told I have to wait until my bill is sent out. (I think it's next week and I was told to call back by Sept 10th)

The Gas is my partner's name and the Electricity is my name.

Are we able to make it joint? 

I want to know what the best option is for us to make our bills as cheap as possible.
    I was told to ask about nightsaver or something. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi PeteK,
    PeteK wrote:
    The Gas is my partner's name and the Electricity is my name.
    Are we able to make it joint?

Yes, that's no problem. If the electricity is currently in your own name, you just need to authorize the addition of another account holder, and your partner would need to agree to be added to the account. The best way to do this is if you both contact us by phone on 1850 372 372; lines are open 8am to 8pm, Mon-Sat.

Alternatively, if you are both boards.ie users, you can both send a PM separately to our group inbox and we can update the account information for you.
    PeteK wrote:
    I was told to ask about nightsaver or something.

The Nightsaver meter divides all of your electricity usage into 'day' and 'night'. The cheaper night-rate comes into effect within the hours 12am to 9am in summertime, and 11pm to 8am in wintertime. The night rate unit is about 50% cheaper than the corresponding day unit. For more information on unit prices/standing charges specific to this tariff, see our Price Plan page and click on 'more details'.

This meter is free to install, but bear in mind that the Nightsaver tariff is only beneficial if you use approx. a quarter of your total usage within the designated night-rate hours. That would equate to using about 3 to 4 units per night, where you have average annual usage of approx. 5,300 kWhs. (If you're not sure what would use up that amount of units, our Appliance Calculator may be of help. See also the following section on our website: 'What is one unit?').

PeteK wrote:
    I want to know what the best option is for us to make our bills as cheap as possible.

Our Dual Valuesaver is currently the best value dual fuel price plan on the market, offering up to 10% off both electricity and gas. See here for more information about this price plan.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement